WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS: FILE NTVDM.EXE

AXEL

WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS: FILE NTVDM.EXE
i have an old fax software (Faxworks Pro) i have been using since the early
1990's. I'ts a great Software because it works ver well and its File Cabinet
is limitless. It allows me to access files dating back to the begining. I
loaded the software and all .TIF files onto my new Sony Laptop. I can
access the Sent & Received Messages, but I cannot access the File Cabinet. It
keeps telling me that the File NTVDM.EXE is not responding.....Firstly, what
kind of file is it, and secondly, can you help me fix this and how ?
Max

Re: WINDOWS VISTA BUSINESS: FILE NTVDM.EXE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_DOS_machine

"The NTVDM.exe file is found in Vista for 32 bit in c:\windows\system32
folder. By pinning it to start up, it will run automatically, and at least
some legacy DOS programs will run."

Or you might be able to create a simple batch file to launch ntvdm.exe and
Faxworks at the same time (assuming Faxworks may not be able to handle the
launch on it's own).

MAYBE. That's some really old software you've got there, and Vista's version
of ntvdm may not be satisfactory for what your program is looking for
version-wise.

--
Maxwell Bluemeanie