chatting

stomper1955

chatting
when i send instant messages or chatting in messenger to friends , i seem to
be sending some kind of web-site for my contacts to try.

can anyone suggest an answer or what
Malke

Re: chatting
stomper1955 wrote:
> when i send instant messages or chatting in messenger to friends , i seem to
> be sending some kind of web-site for my contacts to try.
>
> can anyone suggest an answer or what

What exactly happens? Are you saying that when you send an instant
message there is a link embedded (that you didn't put there yourself)?
What is the website's address? Munge it when you post back. An example
is hxxp://www.badwebsite.xxx.

Although you haven't provided enough information to get focused help, it
certainly sounds as though your computer is infected with malware. See
general malware removal steps below.

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to
do all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/siche...ning_tool.html
- download site

The site is in German but David's tool is in English so don't let that
worry you. Scroll all the way down to almost the bottom of the page and
you'll see a box titled "Infos Zum Download - Multi-AV Scanning Tool".
You'll see "Download von www pctipp.ch" and the live link to download
Multi_AV.

You can also check to see if there are targeted removal steps for your
malware here:
Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

When all else fails, run HijackThis and post your log in one of the
specialty forums listed at the first link above (not here, please).

Not all tools used will work in Vista and you will need to run them
elevated. If you are unable to remove the infection by following the
general steps, register at one of the HijackThis forums as suggested.

Standard caveat: If the procedures look too complex - and there is no
shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a
professional computer repair shop (not your local version of
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may
be so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. Have all
your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com