DEBUG Assertion Failure.

john stuart

DEBUG Assertion Failure.
Occasionally, but several times a day, while using IE 7 in Vista Ultimate, a
Debug assertion error notice pop up appears. The window has "ignor retry
abort" buttons at the bottom, but regardless of the selection, eventually the
result is that the IE session is closed. The Debug is called from a Visual
C++ installation on C:, yet Vista is running on H:. I figured I would delete
the C++ file, but I can't find it listed in the path shown on the error
popup.

Any advise on what to do? I realize that the specific DEBUG message would be
helpful here but I don't know how to access that error record, the Event
Viewer GUI is the biggest train wreck ever. I can't figure out how to obtain
any relevant information from the Event Viewer.

And, MS wants to charge me for direct help with this problem, anouther
outrage IMO.
It's really gualling having to pay for debug help!

Any advise on how to procede with a possible solution is appreciated!

TIA
Rick Rogers

Re: DEBUG Assertion Failure.
Hi John,

As it happens while running IE, I'd suspect it's a plugin/addon problem.
Click start and type "Internet Explorer", one of the entries in the menu
should include (no add-ons), choose it. See if the problem still happens. If
not, go into the Control Panel/Internet Options/Programs tab and click the
button the manage addons. Start disabling those that load with IE.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"john stuart" <john_stuart@discussions_ms.com> wrote in message
> Occasionally, but several times a day, while using IE 7 in Vista Ultimate,
> Debug assertion error notice pop up appears. The window has "ignor retry
> abort" buttons at the bottom, but regardless of the selection, eventually
> the
> result is that the IE session is closed. The Debug is called from a Visual
> C++ installation on C:, yet Vista is running on H:. I figured I would
> delete
> the C++ file, but I can't find it listed in the path shown on the error
> popup.
>
> Any advise on what to do? I realize that the specific DEBUG message would
> be
> helpful here but I don't know how to access that error record, the Event
> Viewer GUI is the biggest train wreck ever. I can't figure out how to
> obtain
> any relevant information from the Event Viewer.
>
> And, MS wants to charge me for direct help with this problem, anouther
> outrage IMO.
> It's really gualling having to pay for debug help!
>
> Any advise on how to procede with a possible solution is appreciated!
>
> TIA

john stuart

Re: DEBUG Assertion Failure.
Thanks for that advise, I will give that a try and see if it does the trick!