Windows Explorer

Ken Sympson

Windows Explorer
Every time I open a folder in Windows Explorer, it opens to some default
size preordained by the wizards at Microsoft. Is there some way to
change this behavior so that the window size is what I've specified, or
the size it was last set to?
brink

Re: Windows Explorer

Ken Sympson;553138 Wrote:
> Every time I open a folder in Windows Explorer, it opens to some default
> size preordained by the wizards at Microsoft. Is there some way to
> change this behavior so that the window size is what I've specified, or
> the size it was last set to?

Hi Ken,

Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to reset the folder view
settings so Vista will remember how you last left your settings again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

Shawn

--
brink

VISTA FORUMS (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
AJ

Re: Windows Explorer
Also experiencing a strange Windows Explorer fault. Anytime Windows Explorer
is called into operation it fails, closes, refreshes the desktop, and looses
any and all information that was initially there.
>This error happens when any USB device, Media Card, or any of the drives
>are attempting to be accessed. The Windows Explorer windows opens with the
>information then straight-forward crashes. The error reporting feature
>recommends a specific KB that when downloaded and installed reports that is
>is not relavant to the problem being exhibited.

I.E. 7.** does not exhibit the problem, web surfing is not affected.
"Specific to Windows Explorer."

"brink" <brink.326wo7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Ken Sympson;553138 Wrote:
>> Every time I open a folder in Windows Explorer, it opens to some default
>> size preordained by the wizards at Microsoft. Is there some way to
>> change this behavior so that the window size is what I've specified, or
>> the size it was last set to?

> Hi Ken,
>
> Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to reset the folder view
> settings so Vista will remember how you last left your settings again.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> VISTA FORUMS (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")

AJ

Re: Windows Explorer
Resorted to using the recovery process before deciding to flack the whole
system and reload. Restore actually produced a functional computer minus the
Windows Explorer Hickups. However the process is definately different that
the one we were introduced to in ME and XP. There is hardly any
documentation regarding the process, even via the inbedded "Help" files.
Thanks for all the usable information and hints posted via the News Groups.
news6E9D341-4D3F-41A2-96CA-9AF1F17D66C4@microsoft.com...