Why does Vista flash me every time I open my laptop

Brian Kitt

Why does Vista flash me every time I open my laptop
I am running Vista Ultimate on a laptop. Every time I open my laptop, 30
seconds later, the screen goes black and comes back on. Looks like some
type of screen adjustment, reminds me of the same screen flash you get when
you switch video modes

I do not have the laptop set to power off or sleep when the lid closes. It
is very annoying that it does this every time I close the lid. How do I tell
Vista to stop adjusting video?
mikeyhsd

Re: Why does Vista flash me every time I open my laptop
have you installed the latest drivers from the manufacturers web site.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Brian Kitt" <BrianKitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E09D74-7836-4948-8BB2-B3B7E3D2E77B@microsoft.com...
I am running Vista Ultimate on a laptop. Every time I open my laptop, 30
seconds later, the screen goes black and comes back on. Looks like some
type of screen adjustment, reminds me of the same screen flash you get when
you switch video modes

I do not have the laptop set to power off or sleep when the lid closes. It
is very annoying that it does this every time I close the lid. How do I tell
Vista to stop adjusting video?
Brian Kitt

Re: Why does Vista flash me every time I open my laptop
Yes, I have. It could be the drivers, but I suspect Vista. My gut feel, is
that Vista puts the monitor into a power save mode when I close the lid.
When I open the lid, it comes out of that power save mode. About 20 or 30
seconds later, the screen flashes as if it were going through some type of
check or validation. It's real annoying.