System Health Report Timeout Error

Luc M

System Health Report Timeout Error
Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I get the
following error:

"An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait for the
report generation tool to finish has timed out."

Any ideas?

brink

Re: System Health Report Timeout Error

Luc M;551778 Wrote:
> Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I
> get the
> following error:
>
> "An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait
> for the
> report generation tool to finish has timed out."
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Luc M,

Try the solution for the "Performance Logs & Alerts" service in this
tutorial to see if it will help with yours.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/82...th-report.html

Shawn

--
brink

VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Luc M

Re: System Health Report Timeout Error
Shawn,

Thanks for the suggestion, but service showing as "manual" and "started" and
still get error.

Luc

"brink" wrote:

> Luc M;551778 Wrote:
> > Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I
> > get the
> > following error:
> >
> > "An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait
> > for the
> > report generation tool to finish has timed out."
> >
> > Any ideas?

> Hi Luc M,
>
> Try the solution for the "Performance Logs & Alerts" service in this
> tutorial to see if it will help with yours.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/82...th-report.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")

JMAC

Re: System Health Report Timeout Error
I seem to be having the same problem and I've checked the "Performance logs &
Alerts" as well and service is set to "manual" and "started" as well. Has
anyone found a resolution to this problem!?!??!

"Luc M" wrote:

> Shawn,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but service showing as "manual" and "started" and
> still get error.
>
> Luc
>
> "brink" wrote:
>

> > Luc M;551778 Wrote:
> > > Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I
> > > get the
> > > following error:
> > >
> > > "An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait
> > > for the
> > > report generation tool to finish has timed out."
> > >
> > > Any ideas?

> > Hi Luc M,
> >
> > Try the solution for the "Performance Logs & Alerts" service in this
> > tutorial to see if it will help with yours.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/82...th-report.html
> >
> > Shawn
> >

> > --
> > brink
> >
> > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > VISTA FORUMS X64 (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM/\")
> > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Northerner

RE: System Health Report Timeout Error
It seems like there is no solution that works to solve this problem yet.
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...1325&SiteID=17

"Luc M" wrote:

> Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I get the
> following error:
>
> "An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait for the
> report generation tool to finish has timed out."
>
> Any ideas?

wrog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: System Health Report Timeout Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
It seems like there is no solution that works to solve this problem yet.
Vista system health report error

"Luc M" wrote:

> Whenever I try and run a system health report, after about a minute I get the
> following error:
>
> "An error occurred while attempting to generate the report. The wait for the
> report generation tool to finish has timed out."
>
> Any ideas?

This is really odd. this exact same thing happened to me last night, it worked fine until yesterday. anyway got a week off work, 2 years worth of junk on pc so i did a re-install of my 32 bit ultimate.
all went ok all updates sp2 etc. and i thought i would try it again and same message! generation tool timed out!
this has worked fine all the years i had vista, i wonder what causes this?
i had no 3rd party programs installed btw.
i shall watch with interest.

wrog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: System Health Report Timeout Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrog View Post
This is really odd. this exact same thing happened to me last night, it worked fine until yesterday. anyway got a week off work, 2 years worth of junk on pc so i did a re-install of my 32 bit ultimate.
all went ok all updates sp2 etc. and i thought i would try it again and same message! generation tool timed out!
this has worked fine all the years i had vista, i wonder what causes this?
i had no 3rd party programs installed btw.
i shall watch with interest.
sorry just realised how old these threads are, there are loads of them with no solutions, so i was guessing it's a recent problem. was there any solution to this please?
thanks

wrog is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: System Health Report Timeout Error
hi, for anyone googling, delete all the folders in perflog diagnostics this fixed it for me.