Could not load or run czvhost.exe specified in the registry.

SpikeDelight

Could not load or run czvhost.exe specified in the registry.
Whenever I log onto my name on my computer it gives me an error message
immediately that reads:

Could not load or run 'c:\windows\svchost\czvhost.exe' specified in the
registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference
to it in the registry.

Now after I press OK everything works but obviously there's something wrong
if that message keeps coming up. Also I tried going to that location it
specifies and there is no file with that name. If someone could tell me what
this means and what I could do about this it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Rick Rogers

Re: Could not load or run czvhost.exe specified in the registry.
Hi,

That's a backdoor trojan file. Your antivirus software may have removed the
file, but not the registry entry that loads it. Click start, type "regedit"
and hit <enter>. Expand the branches to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Run

Click on the 'Run' key and look in the right pane for the string that loads
czvhost.exe and delete it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SpikeDelight" <SpikeDelight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I log onto my name on my computer it gives me an error message
> immediately that reads:
>
> Could not load or run 'c:\windows\svchost\czvhost.exe' specified in the
> registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the
> reference
> to it in the registry.
>
> Now after I press OK everything works but obviously there's something
> wrong
> if that message keeps coming up. Also I tried going to that location it
> specifies and there is no file with that name. If someone could tell me
> what
> this means and what I could do about this it would be much appreciated.
> Thanks!

SpikeDelight

Re: Could not load or run czvhost.exe specified in the registry.
Thank you so much!