Profile damaged

dazz

Profile damaged
Hi There, new user here, while working away, I accumulated alot of rubbish,
videos and movies on my hard drive, I started sorting them out, then my puter
froze, and then will not load my profile,(personal preferences) and boots up
vista into a temp profile. I tried system restore, but that didnt work, it
has also changed the display settings on here as well, any help would be good
Thanx
Dazz
Rick Rogers

Re: Profile damaged
Hi,

Logon as an admin. Create a new profile for yourself, copy your user data
from the old one. Once a profile is corrupted, there is little that can be
done to recover it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"dazz" <dazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi There, new user here, while working away, I accumulated alot of
> rubbish,
> videos and movies on my hard drive, I started sorting them out, then my
> puter
> froze, and then will not load my profile,(personal preferences) and boots
> up
> vista into a temp profile. I tried system restore, but that didnt work, it
> has also changed the display settings on here as well, any help would be
> good
> Thanx
> Dazz

dazz

Re: Profile damaged
Hi Rick

I have tried to logon as an admin but that is gone as well, my logon is
still there as well as a guest that is all, how do i fix the admin account
up, my logon gives me access but i have noticed that im still not authorised
to do some things that require admin
--
Dazz

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Logon as an admin. Create a new profile for yourself, copy your user data
> from the old one. Once a profile is corrupted, there is little that can be
> done to recover it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "dazz" <dazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi There, new user here, while working away, I accumulated alot of
> > rubbish,
> > videos and movies on my hard drive, I started sorting them out, then my
> > puter
> > froze, and then will not load my profile,(personal preferences) and boots
> > up
> > vista into a temp profile. I tried system restore, but that didnt work, it
> > has also changed the display settings on here as well, any help would be
> > good
> > Thanx
> > Dazz

Rick Rogers

Re: Profile damaged
Hi,

Use safe mode by hitting F8 when the system initially boots. Some admin
functions need to be explicitly told to run as administrator, do so by right
clicking the icon and choosing the option to run that way.