Aero can't be enabled

Johan

Aero can't be enabled
I got my new computer yesterday. Everything worked fine then. Aero worked as
it should.
But no i can't enable anymore for some reason.
I Right click on the desktop. Chose Personalize. Click Windows Color and
Appearance. then i choose Windows Aero. after that i click okay.
but the next time i go in there it has changed it self back into windows
vista basic for some reason.

i have no idea why it does that, and i know that aero should work on my
computer since it worked earlier.

does anyone know what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?
can there be any kind of progra that's blocking the aero funktion somehow?
mikeyhsd

Re: Aero can't be enabled
if it worked before and now suddenly no longer works, it would indicate you changed something.

question is just what it was you changed.

video drivers.
would be a likely suspect.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Johan" <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E30E7D-0158-4B55-AC37-75626D465BE3@microsoft.com...
I got my new computer yesterday. Everything worked fine then. Aero worked as
it should.
But no i can't enable anymore for some reason.
I Right click on the desktop. Chose Personalize. Click Windows Color and
Appearance. then i choose Windows Aero. after that i click okay.
but the next time i go in there it has changed it self back into windows
vista basic for some reason.

i have no idea why it does that, and i know that aero should work on my
computer since it worked earlier.

does anyone know what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?
can there be any kind of progra that's blocking the aero funktion somehow?
Brian

Re: Aero can't be enabled

"Johan" <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got my new computer yesterday. Everything worked fine then. Aero worked
>as
> it should.
> But no i can't enable anymore for some reason.
> I Right click on the desktop. Chose Personalize. Click Windows Color and
> Appearance. then i choose Windows Aero. after that i click okay.
> but the next time i go in there it has changed it self back into windows
> vista basic for some reason.
>
> i have no idea why it does that, and i know that aero should work on my
> computer since it worked earlier.
>
> does anyone know what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?
> can there be any kind of progra that's blocking the aero funktion somehow?

Johan,

What did you do, change or install since yesterday, when "Aero worked?"

Can you undo, change back or uninstall those?

Windows Update is damn good, but not perfect. I've had it offer to install
an inappropriate driver -- but rarely. I always choose "custom install" for
updates, just so I can look at them all and make a mental note, and pass on
the ones that don't seem necessary or applicable, at least until I've
researched them a little more. ("If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.")

If problems arise after an update, it's time to uninstall possible
offenders, which is an exercise in trial-and-error, of course.

But before you do anything, tell us what you may have changed or allowed
Windows Update to change. Then we'll try some more to help you.

Brian

Johan

Re: Aero can't be enabled
I got it to start working again! but the wierd thing is that i didn't do
anything at all. i just restarted the computer a couple of times, and finaly
it just started to work all of a sudden!
really wierd!

"Brian" wrote:

> "Johan" <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I got my new computer yesterday. Everything worked fine then. Aero worked
> >as
> > it should.
> > But no i can't enable anymore for some reason.
> > I Right click on the desktop. Chose Personalize. Click Windows Color and
> > Appearance. then i choose Windows Aero. after that i click okay.
> > but the next time i go in there it has changed it self back into windows
> > vista basic for some reason.
> >
> > i have no idea why it does that, and i know that aero should work on my
> > computer since it worked earlier.
> >
> > does anyone know what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?
> > can there be any kind of progra that's blocking the aero funktion somehow?

> Johan,
>
> What did you do, change or install since yesterday, when "Aero worked?"
>
> Can you undo, change back or uninstall those?
>
> Windows Update is damn good, but not perfect. I've had it offer to install
> an inappropriate driver -- but rarely. I always choose "custom install" for
> updates, just so I can look at them all and make a mental note, and pass on
> the ones that don't seem necessary or applicable, at least until I've
> researched them a little more. ("If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.")
>
> If problems arise after an update, it's time to uninstall possible
> offenders, which is an exercise in trial-and-error, of course.
>
> But before you do anything, tell us what you may have changed or allowed
> Windows Update to change. Then we'll try some more to help you.
>
> Brian

Brian

Re: Aero can't be enabled

>I got it to start working again! but the wierd thing is that i didn't do
> anything at all. i just restarted the computer a couple of times, and
> finaly
> it just started to work all of a sudden!
> really wierd!

Johan,

Stranger things have happened. Thanks for letting us know.

Brian

John S

Re: Aero can't be enabled
I have found that some things running in background somehow turn off Aero.
Somehow Aero senses something cannot use it? A marginal Video driver may also
be idicating at times that its not able to use Aero. I have gone back to
using Microsoft drivers and not the ones from graphics chip.