driver date

mike_asi

driver date
I had a problem with a game, so when I called the support line for that
manufacturer, they asked what was the date for the driver. The date showed
4/10/07, but I had already updated the driver for my video card in December
of 2007. It did not change the date in the system. Is this just a quirk or
what?

CB

RE: driver date

"mike_asi" wrote:

> I had a problem with a game, so when I called the support line for that
> manufacturer, they asked what was the date for the driver. The date showed
> 4/10/07, but I had already updated the driver for my video card in December
> of 2007. It did not change the date in the system. Is this just a quirk or
> what?

How did you update your driver? Did you use "Update Driver" in the
Properties from the listed driver in Device Manager? Did you download a file
from the game vendor's website? Was this a zipped file and you failed to
unzip it?
You need to provide more information.

C.B.
mike_asi

RE: driver date
I went directly to nvidia site and answered the fill in blanks as to the
model of video card that I have, then saved it to my computer. It was a exe
file so it applied itself as if it was installing a new program. Does this
help? Thanks

"CB" wrote:

> "mike_asi" wrote:
>
> > I had a problem with a game, so when I called the support line for that
> > manufacturer, they asked what was the date for the driver. The date showed
> > 4/10/07, but I had already updated the driver for my video card in December
> > of 2007. It did not change the date in the system. Is this just a quirk or
> > what?
> >

> How did you update your driver? Did you use "Update Driver" in the
> Properties from the listed driver in Device Manager? Did you download a file
> from the game vendor's website? Was this a zipped file and you failed to
> unzip it?
> You need to provide more information.
>
> C.B.

Cal Bear '66

Re: driver date
Did you UNINSTALL the old drivers via Control Panel (Classic view) > Programs
and Features and reboot before you installed the latest nVidia drivers as
recommended in the nVidia driver installation notes?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"mike_asi" <mikeasi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I went directly to nvidia site and answered the fill in blanks as to the
> model of video card that I have, then saved it to my computer. It was a exe
> file so it applied itself as if it was installing a new program. Does this
> help? Thanks
>
> "CB" wrote:
>

>> "mike_asi" wrote:
>>
>> > I had a problem with a game, so when I called the support line for that
>> > manufacturer, they asked what was the date for the driver. The date showed
>> > 4/10/07, but I had already updated the driver for my video card in December
>> > of 2007. It did not change the date in the system. Is this just a quirk or
>> > what?
>> >

>> How did you update your driver? Did you use "Update Driver" in the
>> Properties from the listed driver in Device Manager? Did you download a file
>> from the game vendor's website? Was this a zipped file and you failed to
>> unzip it?
>> You need to provide more information.
>>
>> C.B.

JW

Re: driver date
What model NVIDIA graphics card to you have?
The date of the driver is not the date you installed it it is the date the
driver file was created by NVIDIA.

"Cal Bear '66" <x1x1x1@x1x1x1.org> wrote in message
> Did you UNINSTALL the old drivers via Control Panel (Classic view) >
> Programs and Features and reboot before you installed the latest nVidia
> drivers as recommended in the nVidia driver installation notes?
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "mike_asi" <mikeasi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I went directly to nvidia site and answered the fill in blanks as to the
>> model of video card that I have, then saved it to my computer. It was a
>> exe
>> file so it applied itself as if it was installing a new program. Does
>> this
>> help? Thanks

>>> How did you update your driver? Did you use "Update Driver" in the
>>> Properties from the listed driver in Device Manager? Did you download a
>>> file
>>> from the game vendor's website? Was this a zipped file and you failed to
>>> unzip it?
>>> You need to provide more information.
>>>
>>> C.B.

mike_asi

Re: driver date
Nvidea 8500 gt. To answer Cal Bear, I had no other driver in the system prior
to installing the 8500. OK thanks for the information regarding the date,
because Ubisoft states that the date is when it was installed. Makes more
sense now.
Thanks jw