Application not reponding

Whistling1

Application not reponding
I just purchased a Dell Vostro 1400 with Windows Vista Home Edition. I tried
to install the drivers for my HP Deskjet F380 All in One. A pop up box
displayed the message "This system does not meet one or more of the minimum
requirements necessary to install this product." I then realized the driver
disc did not support Vista.Unfortunately I cannot get rid of this message
box. I tried using task manager, but first get an error messaage saying
"Exception processing message" followed by numerous numbers. After "x-ing" it
out the Task Manager comes up but when End Process is selected it does not
get rid of the popup window. What can I do to get rid of the window? Do I
need to reload my operating system?
Thank you
Mark
Quaoar

Re: Application not reponding
Whistling1 wrote:
> I just purchased a Dell Vostro 1400 with Windows Vista Home Edition. I tried
> to install the drivers for my HP Deskjet F380 All in One. A pop up box
> displayed the message "This system does not meet one or more of the minimum
> requirements necessary to install this product." I then realized the driver
> disc did not support Vista.Unfortunately I cannot get rid of this message
> box. I tried using task manager, but first get an error messaage saying
> "Exception processing message" followed by numerous numbers. After "x-ing" it
> out the Task Manager comes up but when End Process is selected it does not
> get rid of the popup window. What can I do to get rid of the window? Do I
> need to reload my operating system?
> Thank you
> Mark

1. Restore System to a previous date.

if that fails,

2. From Programs and Features control panel, uninstall anything that
relates to the printer.

If these fail, try step 2 from Safe Mode.

Whistling1

Re: Application not reponding
Q,
Thank you. I tried removing the files but got the message "access denied" so
I restored to an earlier date. This worked.
Whistling1