Save or Open Dialogs cause programs to crash

sync0s

Save or Open Dialogs cause programs to crash
Hi. I've been experiencing this problem for a little while now and (i'm not
sure if this is the right forum but please direct me the right direction if
it's not) it didn't occur long after I got Windows Vista. Anyways, When ever
I attempt to do File > Save As or Open the dialog will pop up and then will
cause the program that I did this in to hang and it will no longer respond. I
have 3 users on this system that have administrative access and only 2 of
them experience this problem whilst the 3rd user did for a while but all of a
suddenly stopped. Can anyone please help??

Thank you very much!

kapparash is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Save or Open Dialogs cause programs to crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync0s View Post
Hi. I've been experiencing this problem for a little while now and (i'm not
sure if this is the right forum but please direct me the right direction if
it's not) it didn't occur long after I got Windows Vista. Anyways, When ever
I attempt to do File > Save As or Open the dialog will pop up and then will
cause the program that I did this in to hang and it will no longer respond. I
have 3 users on this system that have administrative access and only 2 of
them experience this problem whilst the 3rd user did for a while but all of a
suddenly stopped. Can anyone please help??

Thank you very much!
I am having the exact same problem and on top of that, some of my folder icons have changed their default settings so they aren't right at all. I've been looking everywhere to a solution (I have run a full virus scan, registry cleanup, memory diagnostics, spyware/malware scans and there is nothing wrong with anything on my computer).
It started out of no where, I can no longer save or load anything!

Someone please post up a solution.

Thanks

kapparash is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Save or Open Dialogs cause programs to crash
I have been browsing around and found a solution someone posted up.

open up registry editor (regedit in search)
navigate to:
HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Explorer>Shellicon s

These are XP icons and confuses the save as function when it is loading up icons.

delete this registry entry.

It works plus, all my icons have been restored!