Vista Premium V My Hard Drive

Anopheles

Vista Premium V My Hard Drive

I'm about to drop Vista and revert to XP. This is my last try and I hope
somone here can help.

I have one of those computers without a fan and all I can hear is the hard
drive clicking away continuously for hours at a time. As a writer, I find it
difficcult to write with that going on. I have turned off the indexing and
everything I can think of that might be doing it yet still it goes on and on
searching or polling the drive. I can see nothing that looks like it might
be doing it in the running processes. Can anyone shed some light on what
might be doing it, please?

AnophelesOz

Rick Rogers

Re: Vista Premium V My Hard Drive
Hi,

At a guess? I'd say the defrag routine.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Anopheles" <hison@coolcats.net.au> wrote in message

> I'm about to drop Vista and revert to XP. This is my last try and I hope
> somone here can help.
>
> I have one of those computers without a fan and all I can hear is the hard
> drive clicking away continuously for hours at a time. As a writer, I find
> it difficcult to write with that going on. I have turned off the indexing
> and everything I can think of that might be doing it yet still it goes on
> and on searching or polling the drive. I can see nothing that looks like
> it might be doing it in the running processes. Can anyone shed some light
> on what might be doing it, please?
>
> AnophelesOz

Anopheles

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At a guess? I'd say the defrag routine.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

Yes, I do appreciate it can only be guesswork with so many possibilities.
Thank you, Rick. I will look at it again but I've given away using that
computer for awhile because the hard drive literally never stops working. I
know I had Diskeeper turned off.

Anopheles