100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe

Ron Lautmann

100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe
All of a sudden this past week (12/10/2007) my Thinkpad laptop is exhibiting
intermittent 100% cpu usage every few seconds. Looking at Task Manager in
the Processes tab I can see WUDFHost.exe pop up to the top of the CPU usage
list every few seconds corresponding to the pinning of the cpu meter in the
sidebar.

My guess is this started after this weeks updates from Microsoft because I
haven't loaded anything new on this machine.

It appears that this behavior is slowing down my machine too.

Can anyone explain this situaton or provide a fix?

Bob J

RE: 100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe
Do a Google search for "WUDFhost.exe" and there is a host of explainations,
with which you should be able to solve your problem.
As you will note it W Update not cause>
--
Regards
Bob J

"Ron Lautmann" wrote:

> All of a sudden this past week (12/10/2007) my Thinkpad laptop is exhibiting
> intermittent 100% cpu usage every few seconds. Looking at Task Manager in
> the Processes tab I can see WUDFHost.exe pop up to the top of the CPU usage
> list every few seconds corresponding to the pinning of the cpu meter in the
> sidebar.
>
> My guess is this started after this weeks updates from Microsoft because I
> haven't loaded anything new on this machine.
>
> It appears that this behavior is slowing down my machine too.
>
> Can anyone explain this situaton or provide a fix?

Ron Lautmann

RE: 100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe
I did a Google search as you suggested but all I found were a bunch of sites
offering to run a free registry scan. I don't know about you but I won't run
a program from a random website.

If you think you know a solution please post it rather than suggest that I
do a google search.

Ron Lautmann

"Bob J" wrote:

> Do a Google search for "WUDFhost.exe" and there is a host of explainations,
> with which you should be able to solve your problem.
> As you will note it W Update not cause>
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "Ron Lautmann" wrote:
>
> > All of a sudden this past week (12/10/2007) my Thinkpad laptop is exhibiting
> > intermittent 100% cpu usage every few seconds. Looking at Task Manager in
> > the Processes tab I can see WUDFHost.exe pop up to the top of the CPU usage
> > list every few seconds corresponding to the pinning of the cpu meter in the
> > sidebar.
> >
> > My guess is this started after this weeks updates from Microsoft because I
> > haven't loaded anything new on this machine.
> >
> > It appears that this behavior is slowing down my machine too.
> >
> > Can anyone explain this situaton or provide a fix?

Bob J

RE: 100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe
Hi Ron

The post I sent to you gave a source of information regarding your problem,
and a possible remedy.
Did you go into Task Manager and disable the action, to see if it was the
actual cause of you problem.
If you do not wish to use the actions mentioned to solve the problem thats
fine by me.
As you maybe aware all people offering advise in these discussion groups are
user just like you & I, some have vast experience & knowledge, but none are
employees of MS.
On these discussion groups you will sometimes get direct directions on how
to solve a problem and sometimes a referral to an website/discussion group
which may assist to solve a problem better.
I rarely post in discussion groups if I have a problem, a lot problems have
happened before and a web search will in a lot of cases provide information
or possible solution.
The advise given in these discussion group should be considered as general
advise in nature and not personal/individual professional advise.
Professional advise cost us all money.
--
Happy Computing

"Ron Lautmann" wrote:

> All of a sudden this past week (12/10/2007) my Thinkpad laptop is exhibiting
> intermittent 100% cpu usage every few seconds. Looking at Task Manager in
> the Processes tab I can see WUDFHost.exe pop up to the top of the CPU usage
> list every few seconds corresponding to the pinning of the cpu meter in the
> sidebar.
>
> My guess is this started after this weeks updates from Microsoft because I
> haven't loaded anything new on this machine.
>
> It appears that this behavior is slowing down my machine too.
>
> Can anyone explain this situaton or provide a fix?

Ron Lautmann

RE: 100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe
I don't think it makes any sense to go to task manager and disable
WUDFHost.exe as you suggested. WUDFHost.exe is "Windows User Mode Driver
Foundation" which sounds like something essential to running Windows.

--Ron Lautmann

"Bob J" wrote:

> Hi Ron
>
> The post I sent to you gave a source of information regarding your problem,
> and a possible remedy.
> Did you go into Task Manager and disable the action, to see if it was the
> actual cause of you problem.
> If you do not wish to use the actions mentioned to solve the problem thats
> fine by me.
> As you maybe aware all people offering advise in these discussion groups are
> user just like you & I, some have vast experience & knowledge, but none are
> employees of MS.
> On these discussion groups you will sometimes get direct directions on how
> to solve a problem and sometimes a referral to an website/discussion group
> which may assist to solve a problem better.
> I rarely post in discussion groups if I have a problem, a lot problems have
> happened before and a web search will in a lot of cases provide information
> or possible solution.
> The advise given in these discussion group should be considered as general
> advise in nature and not personal/individual professional advise.
> Professional advise cost us all money.
> --
> Happy Computing
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "Ron Lautmann" wrote:
>
> > All of a sudden this past week (12/10/2007) my Thinkpad laptop is exhibiting
> > intermittent 100% cpu usage every few seconds. Looking at Task Manager in
> > the Processes tab I can see WUDFHost.exe pop up to the top of the CPU usage
> > list every few seconds corresponding to the pinning of the cpu meter in the
> > sidebar.
> >
> > My guess is this started after this weeks updates from Microsoft because I
> > haven't loaded anything new on this machine.
> >
> > It appears that this behavior is slowing down my machine too.
> >
> > Can anyone explain this situaton or provide a fix?

Bob J

RE: 100% CPU caused by WUDFHost.exe
Check out MS H&S website at link below re. wudfhost.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...host.exe&lsc=1