why?????

aliaz

why?????
Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
Vista ?????
Am I missing something?
cheers from Holland
Hans

Dustin Harper

Re: why?????
Because a lot of it is either hardware issues or user error... Some of it is
due to Vista, but I see a lot of complaints that are just not related to the
OS itself.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
> Vista ?????
> Am I missing something?
> cheers from Holland
> Hans

Robin

Re: why?????
The only ones that post are those with problems. It just seems like a lot
cause they're all in one place, but it's a very small percentage.

"aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
> Vista ?????
> Am I missing something?
> cheers from Holland
> Hans

Mark R. Cusumano

Re: why?????

"aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
> Vista ?????
> Am I missing something?
> cheers from Holland
> Hans

I too feel left out. My system is running flawlessly with the exception if
IE7 and I blame that on the plethora of add-ons I insist on using and that
only with the Netflix website. I suggest you go out an buy an old PC with
old hardware running XP with lots of old software and upgrade to Vista then
you can join in on the fun. I'm a firm believer that generally you should
continue to run the operating system that came with your hardware until the
new O/S has gone through a complete shakedown and then at that your hardware
is probably so old it needs replacing anywhy.

--
Mark R. Cusumano
Skype Name: mark.cusumano

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: why?????
Mark

Never a truer word regarding running the OS supplied with the hardware,
especially the budget end.

Instead of offering useless extended warranties, nasty cheap printers etc,
the OEMs should ensure that the basic spec of the computer will at least
give the end user a fighting chance at a decent computing experience..

--
Mike Hall - MVP

"Mark R. Cusumano" <spam@bitbucket.com> wrote in message
news:b7CdnQGmSM4vjvnanZ2dnUVZ_rKtnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> "aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
>> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
>> Vista ?????
>> Am I missing something?
>> cheers from Holland
>> Hans
>>

> I too feel left out. My system is running flawlessly with the exception
> if IE7 and I blame that on the plethora of add-ons I insist on using and
> that only with the Netflix website. I suggest you go out an buy an old PC
> with old hardware running XP with lots of old software and upgrade to
> Vista then you can join in on the fun. I'm a firm believer that generally
> you should continue to run the operating system that came with your
> hardware until the new O/S has gone through a complete shakedown and then
> at that your hardware is probably so old it needs replacing anywhy.
>
> --
> Mark R. Cusumano
> Skype Name: mark.cusumano
> Web: http://The-Padded-Cell.spaces.live.com

PapaJohn

Re: why?????
Hey, a positive thread!!!!

My newest laptop is a low end... Toshiba Satellite L35. I usually get upper
end computers, but I wanted to see what things looked like with a $399 new
computer that came with Vista Home Basic.

It's run perfectly since day one and I've been using it for just over 6
months... it's now my regular computer for my nightly sessions at Barnes and
Noble., where I'm online and doing lots of work.

I have an open issue of trying to get it to accept 2 new GB sticks of RAM...
but it does fine with 1-1/2 GB.... outside of that one item in 6 months,
it's been a totally great Vista computing experience with a Toshiba (which I
swore 'never again' after my last high-end laptop from them - with XP).

At that price, it didn't include a DVD burner... one surprise was finding
Ulead DVD Factory on it... yup, it makes a complete DVD iso file on the hard
drive. Nothing but positive surprises.

PapaJohn

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.com> wrote in message
> Mark
>
> Never a truer word regarding running the OS supplied with the hardware,
> especially the budget end.
>
> Instead of offering useless extended warranties, nasty cheap printers etc,
> the OEMs should ensure that the basic spec of the computer will at least
> give the end user a fighting chance at a decent computing experience..
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
>

> "Mark R. Cusumano" <spam@bitbucket.com> wrote in message
> news:b7CdnQGmSM4vjvnanZ2dnUVZ_rKtnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>

>> "aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
>>> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
>>> Vista ?????
>>> Am I missing something?
>>> cheers from Holland
>>> Hans
>>>

>> I too feel left out. My system is running flawlessly with the exception
>> if IE7 and I blame that on the plethora of add-ons I insist on using and
>> that only with the Netflix website. I suggest you go out an buy an old
>> PC with old hardware running XP with lots of old software and upgrade to
>> Vista then you can join in on the fun. I'm a firm believer that
>> generally you should continue to run the operating system that came with
>> your hardware until the new O/S has gone through a complete shakedown and
>> then at that your hardware is probably so old it needs replacing anywhy.
>>
>> --
>> Mark R. Cusumano
>> Skype Name: mark.cusumano
>> Web: http://The-Padded-Cell.spaces.live.com

Charlie

Re: why?????
Next thing you know people are going to start saying nice things about
Microsoft.
"aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
> Vista ?????
> Am I missing something?
> cheers from Holland
> Hans

vista user 43

Re: why?????
tell us what programs and what things you do on the computer, and how much
you use it, and what kind of peripherials you have,
and I will tell you why

also tell us if you consider yourself a newbie, intermediate or expert user.

"aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
> Vista ?????
> Am I missing something?
> cheers from Holland
> Hans

vista user 43

Re: why?????
no, most cant even boot their vista machine to get in here ;p

"Robin" <greetings@html.com> wrote in message
> The only ones that post are those with problems. It just seems like a lot
> cause they're all in one place, but it's a very small percentage.
>

> "aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
>> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
>> Vista ?????
>> Am I missing something?
>> cheers from Holland
>> Hans

aliaz

Re: why?????

"Charlie" <Charlie@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht
> Next thing you know people are going to start saying nice things about
> Microsoft.
> "aliaz" <email@invalid.nl> wrote in message
>> Why I don't have all these annoying problems that other users have with
>> Vista ?????
>> Am I missing something?
>> cheers from Holland
>> Hans