Internet Explorer has stopped working

GailCouny

Internet Explorer has stopped working
Hello all....

When I close down an Internet browsing window, I get an error saying
"Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the window to stop
working correctly. Windows will close the window and notify you if a solution
is available" 1

This happens when I intentionally close a window down. I use Windows Vista,
and have searched forums and help columns but to no avail...

Can anyone help me please? Would really appreciate it....

Thank you

--
Thank you!
Gail

Malke

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working
GailCouny wrote:
> Hello all....
>
> When I close down an Internet browsing window, I get an error saying
> "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the window to stop
> working correctly. Windows will close the window and notify you if a solution
> is available" 1
>
> This happens when I intentionally close a window down. I use Windows Vista,
> and have searched forums and help columns but to no avail...

Try running IE7 in No Add-Ons mode. Does the problem still occur? If
not, one of the third-party add-ons is the culprit.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
iloveth3shotgun

Re: Internet Explorer has stopped working

i have a problem similar to this but not only do i get this message but
i also get knocked out of the page i am on when browsing the
internet :cry::cry:

--
iloveth3shotgun
Brink

iloveth3shotgun;704183 Wrote:
> i have a problem similar to this but not only do i get this message but
> i also get knocked out of the page i am on when browsing the
> internet :cry::cry:

Hi Iloveth3shotgun, and welcome to Vista Forums. arty:

You might try this tutorial to see if it can help you. You may have a
bad add-on causing this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...rer-reset.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ckstratford

Brink;704411 Wrote:
> You might try this tutorial to see if it can help you. You may have a
> bad add-on causing this.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...rer-reset.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn

I already tried that with the suggestion from another site that gave me
the same directions, and it still pops up. Just as another person
commented, I also sometimes get it when logging off, or browsing the
internet, or even opening up a new tab. Please help!

--
Ckstratford
kailuakeith

Malke;545326 Wrote:
> GailCouny wrote:> > >
> > > Hello all....
> > >
> > > When I close down an Internet browsing window, I get an error saying
> > > "Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the window

> > to stop
> > > working correctly. Windows will close the window and notify you if a

> > solution
> > > is available" 1
> > >
> > > This happens when I intentionally close a window down. I use Windows

> > Vista,
> > > and have searched forums and help columns but to no avail... > > Try running IE7 in No Add-Ons mode. Does the problem still occur? If

> not, one of the third-party add-ons is the culprit.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> 'www.elephantboycomputers.com' (http://www.elephantboycomputers.com)
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

I turned off the add-ons and the culprit was something called Bonjour
from HP for my scanner. Suspicious sounding name in the first place.
Caused me aggravation and tons of wasted clicks over many weeks. Thanks
HP! And after I liked the scanner too.:cry::sa:

--
kailuakeith