ADVENT 7113 lock help!!!

LISA

ADVENT 7113 lock help!!!
I HAVE A ADVENT 7113 AND LATELY WHEN I LEAVE IT FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS
IT LOCKS AND I HAVE TO PUNCH IN MY PASSWORD TO UNLOCK IT.THIS IS REALLY
GETTING ON MY NERVES AS IT HAS ONLY JUST STARTED AND I KNOW I'VE CAUSED IT
BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO STOP IT CAN ANYONE HELP!!!
Dwarf

RE: ADVENT 7113 lock help!!!
Hi Lisa,

First of all, please do not post using all capitals. This is considered to
be shouting and, by some people, rude. Use capitals only to emphasise or
highlight something. Now to answer your query. Do you have an active
screensaver? If so, then try the following. Right-click anywhere on a blank
part of your desktop. In the menu that appears, select (left-click)
'Personalize'. Next, select 'Screen Saver' on the 'Personalize appearance and
sounds' screen that opens. Click to remove the tick next to 'On resume,
display logon screen'. Click 'OK' to save your changes and then close the
opened 'Personalize appearance and sounds' screen.
Dwarf

"LISA" wrote:

> I HAVE A ADVENT 7113 AND LATELY WHEN I LEAVE IT FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS
> IT LOCKS AND I HAVE TO PUNCH IN MY PASSWORD TO UNLOCK IT.THIS IS REALLY
> GETTING ON MY NERVES AS IT HAS ONLY JUST STARTED AND I KNOW I'VE CAUSED IT
> BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO STOP IT CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

Linnybins

RE: ADVENT 7113 lock help!!!
Hi there, I noticed your comment on shouting, and though I agree, I fully
understand ADVENT's frustration. Perhaps you can help me with my problem too.
When I leave my PC idle for a few hours (sometimes I just close the lid at
night instead of shutting down) I find the appearance of my desktop becomes
magnified, the clock stretches out of shape, and the fonts look strange. If
I go ahead and use it, everything that comes up is also magnified. It's
disconcerting, so I always restart the computer and it works normally. By the
way I WISH I NEVER GOT VISTA! If I could turn back my elongated clock I
would stick with XP.

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi Lisa,
>
> First of all, please do not post using all capitals. This is considered to
> be shouting and, by some people, rude. Use capitals only to emphasise or
> highlight something. Now to answer your query. Do you have an active
> screensaver? If so, then try the following. Right-click anywhere on a blank
> part of your desktop. In the menu that appears, select (left-click)
> 'Personalize'. Next, select 'Screen Saver' on the 'Personalize appearance and
> sounds' screen that opens. Click to remove the tick next to 'On resume,
> display logon screen'. Click 'OK' to save your changes and then close the
> opened 'Personalize appearance and sounds' screen.
> Dwarf
>
> "LISA" wrote:
>
> > I HAVE A ADVENT 7113 AND LATELY WHEN I LEAVE IT FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS
> > IT LOCKS AND I HAVE TO PUNCH IN MY PASSWORD TO UNLOCK IT.THIS IS REALLY
> > GETTING ON MY NERVES AS IT HAS ONLY JUST STARTED AND I KNOW I'VE CAUSED IT
> > BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO STOP IT CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

Dwarf

RE: ADVENT 7113 lock help!!!
Hi Linnybins,

First of all, please do not tack a question onto someone else's thread
unless the question is directly related to that already posted. Start a new
thread instead. That said, I'll endeavor to answer your query. To do so, I
need a bit more information from you. What is the make and model of your
laptop? What is the screen's native resolution? What resolution and colour
depth are you using when everything appears normal and what are those values
when the screen appears 'strange'? It sounds as though it could be a graphics
driver problem.
Dwarf

"Linnybins" wrote:

> Hi there, I noticed your comment on shouting, and though I agree, I fully
> understand ADVENT's frustration. Perhaps you can help me with my problem too.
> When I leave my PC idle for a few hours (sometimes I just close the lid at
> night instead of shutting down) I find the appearance of my desktop becomes
> magnified, the clock stretches out of shape, and the fonts look strange. If
> I go ahead and use it, everything that comes up is also magnified. It's
> disconcerting, so I always restart the computer and it works normally. By the
> way I WISH I NEVER GOT VISTA! If I could turn back my elongated clock I
> would stick with XP.
>
> "Dwarf" wrote:
>
> > Hi Lisa,
> >
> > First of all, please do not post using all capitals. This is considered to
> > be shouting and, by some people, rude. Use capitals only to emphasise or
> > highlight something. Now to answer your query. Do you have an active
> > screensaver? If so, then try the following. Right-click anywhere on a blank
> > part of your desktop. In the menu that appears, select (left-click)
> > 'Personalize'. Next, select 'Screen Saver' on the 'Personalize appearance and
> > sounds' screen that opens. Click to remove the tick next to 'On resume,
> > display logon screen'. Click 'OK' to save your changes and then close the
> > opened 'Personalize appearance and sounds' screen.
> > Dwarf
> >
> > "LISA" wrote:
> >
> > > I HAVE A ADVENT 7113 AND LATELY WHEN I LEAVE IT FOR MORE THAN A FEW SECONDS
> > > IT LOCKS AND I HAVE TO PUNCH IN MY PASSWORD TO UNLOCK IT.THIS IS REALLY
> > > GETTING ON MY NERVES AS IT HAS ONLY JUST STARTED AND I KNOW I'VE CAUSED IT
> > > BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO STOP IT CAN ANYONE HELP!!!

symotech is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ADVENT 7113 lock help!!!
Hello, I've have nearly the same problem, I'm from Morocco, and I've bought a ADVENT 7113 from a man that works in France, the laptop works normaly, but my little brother wrote by ignorance a password, and have forgoten it, I've tried to clear it, by a Bootable CD kubuntu but I couldn't the setup was passwored too , I've tryed F12 for multiple Boot but doesn't work ... I don't know what to do, I'm in a real trouble, I've payed a handred of bills for this stuff...
I've put out the 3V battery, inside it but nothing works, the real probleme is that I will never see the man that had selt me this computer... I had met it in the street market that we call Souk her in Morocco...
Please I need help...