all pictures on line are very blurry.

stormy25

all pictures on line are very blurry.
After about 4 months of using my new Vista Home Basic machine, all pictures
on line (both MSN Eplorer and Internet Explorer) became very blurry...to the
point of not being recognizable....after 13 days of having this problem and 8
days on the phone, MSN says it is not their fault, Acer, my manufacturer,
says it is not their fault and I have to PAY to get answers from
Microsoft.....I'm retired and can not afford the $65.00 Microsoft
wants....HELP!

Rick Rogers

Re: all pictures on line are very blurry.
Hi,

All image formats or just specific ones?
How about images housed locally?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"stormy25" <stormy25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After about 4 months of using my new Vista Home Basic machine, all
> pictures
> on line (both MSN Eplorer and Internet Explorer) became very blurry...to
> the
> point of not being recognizable....after 13 days of having this problem
> and 8
> days on the phone, MSN says it is not their fault, Acer, my manufacturer,
> says it is not their fault and I have to PAY to get answers from
> Microsoft.....I'm retired and can not afford the $65.00 Microsoft
> wants....HELP!

stormy25

Re: all pictures on line are very blurry.
Pictures on line only....all my personal pictures on my computer are fine.
--

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> All image formats or just specific ones?
> How about images housed locally?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "stormy25" <stormy25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After about 4 months of using my new Vista Home Basic machine, all
> > pictures
> > on line (both MSN Eplorer and Internet Explorer) became very blurry...to
> > the
> > point of not being recognizable....after 13 days of having this problem
> > and 8
> > days on the phone, MSN says it is not their fault, Acer, my manufacturer,
> > says it is not their fault and I have to PAY to get answers from
> > Microsoft.....I'm retired and can not afford the $65.00 Microsoft
> > wants....HELP!

Rick Rogers

Re: all pictures on line are very blurry.
Hi,

Have you deleted temporary internet files and cleared the cookies? Problems
like this usually arise from full to overflowing temp folders. Look under
tools/internet options/general tab for the option to delete these.

Also, have you installed any image viewing plugins for Internet Explorer?
These can be found on the programs tab of internet options under 'manage
addons' and disabling them may help.

--

> Pictures on line only....all my personal pictures on my computer are fine.
> --
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> All image formats or just specific ones?
>> How about images housed locally?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "stormy25" <stormy25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After about 4 months of using my new Vista Home Basic machine, all
>> > pictures
>> > on line (both MSN Eplorer and Internet Explorer) became very
>> > blurry...to
>> > the
>> > point of not being recognizable....after 13 days of having this problem
>> > and 8
>> > days on the phone, MSN says it is not their fault, Acer, my
>> > manufacturer,
>> > says it is not their fault and I have to PAY to get answers from
>> > Microsoft.....I'm retired and can not afford the $65.00 Microsoft
>> > wants....HELP!

Malke

stormy25 wrote:
> Pictures on line only....all my personal pictures on my computer are fine.

And one other thought in addition to Rick's always good advice - you
didn't say how you connect to the Internet. If this is a dialup, do you
have any "Internet acceleration" type software running from your ISP?
These "accelerators" give the illusion that your connection is faster
than it really is by downloading compressed images. Since you are
actually downloading less data, it takes less time to get around the
Internet. But of course the images are not clear and sharp the way they
would be if you were downloading them full size. Pixels are data and
less pixels will make a blurry/blocky picture. If this fits your
situation, it's possible that your ISP had an update to their software
that included this acceleration.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers