User Account Control

Wildcat

User Account Control
I am trying to disable UAC on a more permanent basis than just turning it
off as Windows Defender will turn it back on. I am using this script:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k
%windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System /v EnableLUA
/t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

in order to actually turn UAC off. I am running it in Task Scheduler and it
does turn UAC off. However, it requires a second boot to apply it. This
takes too long so I am looking for a script that tests if UAC is on or off
and re-boots only if it is on.
I tried a second batch file to run upon logon to reboot (shutdown -r -t 0)
but I got into a perpetual reboot situation which required an Acronis
restore to get out of. Any idea how to get the second boot only if UAC is
turned on?
I don't need the aggravation of UAC as I am the sole user and depend on my
daily Acronis backups to resolve any problems that might occur by turning it
off.

Pbb321

Re: User Account Control

Why don't you just disable both windows defender and UAC? To be honest,
UAC is just annoying and Windows defender just takes up resources.

But, as far as your script goes, it looks like it works, until the
reboot. If i'm reading this right, looks like you setup a loop. I would
test it myself, but as you have had to restore to get back....

I have a similar script that prevents other programs from activating
UAC or windows defender, i'll se if i can find it for you and might
help.

--
Pbb321
Rick Rogers

Re: User Account Control
Hi,

If you disable it from the tools tab of msconfig, it will not come back
unless you re-enable it. You will need to reboot the first time you launch
the disable routine.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/