System Restore and disk defrag problems
1) This computer was new in August and is running Vista Ultimate.
2) Was having a problem with the disk defrag- it wouldn't pull up the dialog
to allow me to start the defrag manually- I got frustrated and downloaded a
freebe fromn Auslogics and it seemed to work fine.
3) later went to go online and could not access anything I had to sign into
such as banking, etc.
4) thinking it had to do with the Ausologics problem as I hadn't installed
anything else in a month or so I uninstalled the program and restarted the
computer. Still couldn't access anything
5) went to system restore- the last restore point was 12/3. When I attempted
to restore back to that date it wouldn't allow me to do so. The error was
"Local disk has errors. File System Corruption on Local Disk C. Check disk
errors before it can be resotred"
6) when I attempted to do that using the untility that it gave me it said it
was unable to check disk and to schedule for next time computer starts up.
So I turned off the system and let it sit a bit.
7) when I restarted it I got the message "cannot open volume for direct
Now I'm way out of my league. Can anyone out there help me with this. I
really need to access my banking!