SP1: Experience so far??

Rod

SP1: Experience so far??
please post in thread your experiences so far with SP1.

Things like any notible performance improvement, etc?

I'm in process of installing and would like to see what everyone is
experiencing with it.

Rod
Dave

Re: SP1: Experience so far??
I'm waiting for it to officially come out.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please post in thread your experiences so far with SP1.
>
> Things like any notible performance improvement, etc?
>
> I'm in process of installing and would like to see what everyone is
> experiencing with it.
>
> Rod

Richard G. Harper

Re: Experience so far??
Why? It's a pre-release version so what you see today is certainly not a
guarantee of what you'll see when the final version is released.

If you want opinions and reviews use Google to search for some - they're
certainly out there, for what little it's worth.

"Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please post in thread your experiences so far with SP1.
>
> Things like any notible performance improvement, etc?
>
> I'm in process of installing and would like to see what everyone is
> experiencing with it.
>
> Rod

Kefner

RE: SP1: Experience so far??
Only problem I have had is with a game. I can't get Gears of War to run
anymore. I uninstalled Gears, and reinstalled. Gears started up the first
time I tried, then applied the latest patch, and it stops working again. I
am guessing the patch doesn't like SP1. Other than that, I haven't had any
problems. Any body else having this Gears problem, have you found a
workaround. Basically what happens, I double click the icon for Gears in my
Games menu, it starts to load, the dvd spins up, then it just stops. Nothing
happens, nothing loads, it just dies with no kind of prompt or error message.
All my other games load up fine.

"Rod" wrote:

> please post in thread your experiences so far with SP1.
>
> Things like any notible performance improvement, etc?
>
> I'm in process of installing and would like to see what everyone is
> experiencing with it.
>
> Rod

Pbb321

Re: SP1: Experience so far??

Kefner;544050 Wrote:
> Only problem I have had is with a game. I can't get Gears of War to run
> anymore. I uninstalled Gears, and reinstalled. Gears started up the
> first
> time I tried, then applied the latest patch, and it stops working
> again. I
> am guessing the patch doesn't like SP1. Other than that, I haven't had
> any
> problems. Any body else having this Gears problem, have you found a
> workaround. Basically what happens, I double click the icon for Gears
> in my
> Games menu, it starts to load, the dvd spins up, then it just stops.
> Nothing
> happens, nothing loads, it just dies with no kind of prompt or error
> message.
> All my other games load up fine.
>
> "Rod" wrote:

since you said something, i decided to try it and i got an error. but i
reinstalled and it seemed to work fine. Fluke?

--
Pbb321
Kefner

Re: SP1: Experience so far??
Don't know if it's a fluke, but thats what I did, with no luck. Did you
install the latest patch?

"Pbb321" wrote:

> Kefner;544050 Wrote:
> > Only problem I have had is with a game. I can't get Gears of War to run
> > anymore. I uninstalled Gears, and reinstalled. Gears started up the
> > first
> > time I tried, then applied the latest patch, and it stops working
> > again. I
> > am guessing the patch doesn't like SP1. Other than that, I haven't had
> > any
> > problems. Any body else having this Gears problem, have you found a
> > workaround. Basically what happens, I double click the icon for Gears
> > in my
> > Games menu, it starts to load, the dvd spins up, then it just stops.
> > Nothing
> > happens, nothing loads, it just dies with no kind of prompt or error
> > message.
> > All my other games load up fine.
> >
> > "Rod" wrote:

> since you said something, i decided to try it and i got an error. but i
> reinstalled and it seemed to work fine. Fluke?
>

> --
> Pbb321

Pbb321

Re: SP1: Experience so far??

Kefner;544133 Wrote:
> Don't know if it's a fluke, but thats what I did, with no luck. Did you
> install the latest patch?
>
> "Pbb321" wrote:

As of now, yes and it gave me an error the first time around and then
worked just fine every time after that.

--
Pbb321