Applications cannot access the internet, only IE 64bit

sup2069

Applications cannot access the internet, only IE 64bit
Im running Vista Ultimate 64bit edition. I was trying to get my modem to work
with a direct connection rather than using my router to see if it was going
bad. Well the internet wouldnt register so I unplugged the modem then plugged
it back in. Nothing worked, so I rebooted the PC and when it came back the
internet was up but I was unable to connect using firefox. I tried the 32bit
IE that didnt work but then I tried the 64bit and it works? I figured it must
be a virus problem or spyware so i loaded up my scanners and tried to update
and I got an error while trying to connect.

Soon i figured out that EVERY application on my computer cant connect to the
internet but only IE 64bit. And the wierd thing is, every App i close out now
gets a "Such and such, program has stopped responding..." I click close and
thats that, but its every program I open it close, i get that dialoge then
windows tries to find a solution. I even tried to do a system restore but
silly Vista has a cap limit on the amount of saves it keeps, so to my anger
my system restore from the past few nights ago have been erased

Any idea on what going on guys? I've rehooked up my router tinkered with
settings, no luck. Its as if something has gone wrong with vista or something
in the registry preventing any internet access and poping up the popup box
after every applicationg close. This has been really annoying me the past few
days without playing my online games.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/10/2007, 17:20:38
Machine name: NEO-DESKTOP
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000)
(6000.vista_gdr.070828-1515)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC
System Model: P5W DH Deluxe
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/15/07 13:59:46 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4
CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1455MB used, 7293MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

If you need more info please let me know!

ben.mcguire@gmail.com

Re: Applications cannot access the internet, only IE 64bit
On Dec 10, 11:26 pm, sup2069 <sup2...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Im running Vista Ultimate 64bit edition. I was trying to get my modem to work
> with a direct connection rather than using my router to see if it was going
> bad. Well the internet wouldnt register so I unplugged the modem then plugged
> it back in. Nothing worked, so I rebooted the PC and when it came back the
> internet was up but I was unable to connect using firefox. I tried the 32bit
> IE that didnt work but then I tried the 64bit and it works? I figured it must
> be a virus problem or spyware so i loaded up my scanners and tried to update
> and I got an error while trying to connect.
>
> Soon i figured out that EVERY application on my computer cant connect to the
> internet but only IE 64bit. And the wierd thing is, every App i close out now
> gets a "Such and such, program has stopped responding..." I click close and
> thats that, but its every program I open it close, i get that dialoge then
> windows tries to find a solution. I even tried to do a system restore but
> silly Vista has a cap limit on the amount of saves it keeps, so to my anger
> my system restore from the past few nights ago have been erased
>
> Any idea on what going on guys? I've rehooked up my router tinkered with
> settings, no luck. Its as if something has gone wrong with vista or something
> in the registry preventing any internet access and poping up the popup box
> after every applicationg close. This has been really annoying me the past few
> days without playing my online games.
>
> ------------------
> System Information
> ------------------
> Time of this report: 12/10/2007, 17:20:38
> Machine name: NEO-DESKTOP
> Operating System: Windows Vista(tm) Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000)
> (6000.vista_gdr.070828-1515)
> Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
> System Manufacturer: ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC
> System Model: P5W DH Deluxe
> BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/15/07 13:59:46 Ver: 08.00.12
> Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4
> CPUs), ~3.1GHz
> Memory: 4094MB RAM
> Page File: 1455MB used, 7293MB available
> Windows Dir: C:\Windows
> DirectX Version: DirectX 10
> DX Setup Parameters: Not found
> DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode
>
> If you need more info please let me know!

You may have already solved this by now, but I found a solution.

If you are using NOD32 virus scanner, you need to first try turning
Http checking off in the IMON module. If this does not solve the issue
(as was in my case), then the complete IMON module needs to be shut
down, by clicking Quit on the Module's page. NOD32 should then tell
you that it will remove network hooks on the next restart, after which
the internet in all programs SHOULD work.

Good luck.