help and support where are you?

F_Rock

help and support where are you?
ohhhhh man it's 2:55 am and i'm still up fixing my laptop actually the vista
and i kindly almost deleted it and i wanted to install xp and..... damn i am
mixed up. when i go to the start menu and click the help and support it get's
me a message that the internet explorer can not download the files..... etc
and nothing damn so i tried a lot of things, i even made a stupid thing first
i locked the laptop and then i restarted and pressed F8 so i went to i don't
know what it was but i could manage some things repairing the computer and
stuff...... so i choosed repair the computer. after some minutes i got i
don't know......... boot manager was missing and if you want to restart press
alt shift and del so i did, and when i saw nothing was there it always
retarted and came the same mesage restart and i put my recovery cd and i
reinstalled my vista on the laptop. and when it ended i saw that insead of 3
partitions that i had i had 4 (it was called WinRE (E and it had some files
about boot and somth like that) and i didn't know what to do, after some days
i deleted them adn i wanted to delet the partition too and puhhhhhh man it's
hell of a job. at the beggining help worked and after some hours it stopped,
the same message came out, so i found a reg file at a forum and i downloaded
it and the help and support is working but the pics that are there and the
icons the come empty and that looks like hell. i realy don't know what to do,
what a bout the partition WinRE that did self create and what about help what
should i do, and why i mean when you want to shut down the computer or
restart the computer askes you do you really want to shut down and you click
yes shut down, but i have some problems cos there is a message that says
CCC.exe is blocking the ... i cant read it anymore because it shuts down, if
anybody cold help please
thanks
regards
Llukashenko
Chappy

Re: help and support where are you?

Hi Llukashenko

Well, just a little advice here for you too.
You did numerous things incorrectly and ended up cauing most of your
own issues. Never just "Delete" files you don't know what they are, they
can be important to the Operating System...such as that "boot"
folder...oops.

If you're unsure just what an action will do, the best thing is DON"T
do it! Come to a forum such as this First, and ask someone, we'll be
glad to walk you thru what you need to do to get where you want to go.
After things are severely messed up, it's very difficult for us to know
just "exactly" what you did, so it's hard to get it fixed properly again
and many times a reinstall would be the best option. But ask for help
first so you don't end up installing to the wrong partition and end up
deleting something you want to keep.
When you pressed F8, that took you to Safe Mode, where Windows boots
with only Windows programs and services loaded. It's used in
troubleshooting and fixing issues with incompatible drivers or other 3rd
party software. It's very useful but you have to know how to use it
rght.

Anyway, my advice to you is this, Ask first, then do, and only do what
you are comfortable with...or Ask again to be sure. Vista is quite
different than XP and it'll take some time getting used to but there is
plenty of help available.

--
Chappy

::*_DAVE_* ::- vista ultimate 64bit - nzxt lexa classic case - asus
commando mobo (p965/ich8r) - intel e6750 core 2 - zalman 9700 cpu cooler
- 4g's crucial ballistix tracer ddr2 pc26400 ram - bfg 8800gts oc2 320mb
- 1 22\" lcd, 1 20\" lcd - 3 x 250g 1 x 500g sata ii hdd's, 2 dvd
burners c/w lightscribe (sony, tsst) - enermax noisetaker ii 600w psu
with custom chrome cable sleeving - hauppauge hdtv tv tuner card - 5.1
altec lansing speakers - 15 in 1 multi-card reader

::*We will _NEVER_ Forget!*::