Can't access half the internet

Justfarrar

Can't access half the internet

Having huge problems trying to access many sites, like my university
site, myspace etc. Have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, nothing works. I
know it's not my network connection as my flatmate can access everything
off her laptop. All of my security settings are currently turned off,
otherwise I literally would not be able to access ANY websites. Have
tried disabling Autotuning already, and SSL2.0 enabled, TLS encrypted
turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.(running
Vista Home Premium 32 Bit)

--
Justfarrar
Smiffy

RE: Can't access half the internet
Yeah! I had the same problem when I set up this new computer this week!
half of the sites I used to visit on XP stated "Cannot Find" on Vista.
I did not use google or firefox previously as I found them both a pain for
this type of problem, what I did on this new set up was to go into yahoo and
use this as my base for surfing, with any sites I constantly return to being
listed in the favourites section I have had no problem since..Best of luck!
--
Smiffy

"Justfarrar" wrote:

> Having huge problems trying to access many sites, like my university
> site, myspace etc. Have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, nothing works. I
> know it's not my network connection as my flatmate can access everything
> off her laptop. All of my security settings are currently turned off,
> otherwise I literally would not be able to access ANY websites. Have
> tried disabling Autotuning already, and SSL2.0 enabled, TLS encrypted
> turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.(running
> Vista Home Premium 32 Bit)
>

> --
> Justfarrar

dmex

Re: Can't access half the internet

Justfarrar this website has quite a extensive list of troubleshooting
network problems Just search the forums,
I believe the errors your referring is related to DNS which requires
changing some registry keys, if not check for an updated version of your
DSL router firmware as it may be incompatible.

If these fail please let me know. cheers

--
dmex
newfdog

Re: Can't access half the internet
i had a simiar problem

ran windows defender and everything workrd after that

"Justfarrar" <Justfarrar.31c290@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Having huge problems trying to access many sites, like my university
> site, myspace etc. Have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, nothing works. I
> know it's not my network connection as my flatmate can access everything
> off her laptop. All of my security settings are currently turned off,
> otherwise I literally would not be able to access ANY websites. Have
> tried disabling Autotuning already, and SSL2.0 enabled, TLS encrypted
> turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.(running
> Vista Home Premium 32 Bit)
>

> --
> Justfarrar

Justfarrar

Re: Can't access half the internet

Yes, I spent a while browsing the site this morning trying to find
answers. Unfortunately I'm quite busy and not a smart hand at computers,
so thought I'd try the more direct approach, and inquire myself. I'll
look into the DNS and get back to you, thanks.

--
Justfarrar
Rick Rogers

Re: Can't access half the internet
Hi,

Close all browsers and any program that uses an internet connection. Click
start and type CMD. Right click the entry that appears in the program menu
and choose 'run as administrator'. From the prompt, run "ipconfig /flushdns"
(without the quotes). Exit the command prompt when completed, retry the
various sites.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Justfarrar" <Justfarrar.31c290@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Having huge problems trying to access many sites, like my university
> site, myspace etc. Have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, nothing works. I
> know it's not my network connection as my flatmate can access everything
> off her laptop. All of my security settings are currently turned off,
> otherwise I literally would not be able to access ANY websites. Have
> tried disabling Autotuning already, and SSL2.0 enabled, TLS encrypted
> turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.(running
> Vista Home Premium 32 Bit)
>

> --
> Justfarrar

Justfarrar

Re: Can't access half the internet

Hi,

Tried Windows defender and ipconfig/flushdns.

No improvement

--
Justfarrar
Julian

Re: Can't access half the internet
Turn off IPv6 on all adapters where it is not required... that's a good
start, then see if things are better - depending on other net devices IPv6
alongside IPv4 makes for very messy/unreliable internet connections.

--
Julian I-Do-Stuff

Some Vista stuff, but mostly just Stuff at http://berossus,blogspot.com

"Justfarrar" <Justfarrar.31c290@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Having huge problems trying to access many sites, like my university
> site, myspace etc. Have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, nothing works. I
> know it's not my network connection as my flatmate can access everything
> off her laptop. All of my security settings are currently turned off,
> otherwise I literally would not be able to access ANY websites. Have
> tried disabling Autotuning already, and SSL2.0 enabled, TLS encrypted
> turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.(running
> Vista Home Premium 32 Bit)
>

> --
> Justfarrar

Justfarrar

Re: Can't access half the internet

Thanks for everyone's help.

Found a solution. Had to input every all the ip's and other such LAN
settings manually, took ages, but voila!

--
Justfarrar