Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

charlie

Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player
On my Toshiba Satellite lap top I cannot get the flash player to play in full
screen.
Have tried downloading player from both Firefox and I.E
When I hit the full screen button all I get is a blank screen with a
diagonal line right across.
Am to to lap tops .Has anyone any ideas I could try.
Thanks
brink

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

charlie;538717 Wrote:
> On my Toshiba Satellite lap top I cannot get the flash player to play in
> full
> screen.
> Have tried downloading player from both Firefox and I.E
> When I hit the full screen button all I get is a blank screen with a
> diagonal line right across.
> Am to to lap tops .Has anyone any ideas I could try.
> Thanks

Hi Charlie,

Did you already download the latest Adobe Flash Player, v9,0,115,0
released on 12-03/2007? Perhaps it will work better for you. I have no
problems going to full screen mode with YouTube videos using it.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...promoi d=BIOW

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
charlie

"charlie" wrote:

> On my Toshiba Satellite lap top I cannot get the flash player to play in full
> screen.
> Have tried downloading player from both Firefox and I.E
> When I hit the full screen button all I get is a blank screen with a
> diagonal line right across.
> Am to to lap tops .Has anyone any ideas I could try.
> Thanks

Hi. I only got this lap top yesterday so I reckon I have got the latest
version downloaded.
I have no problem with this on my desktop computer so I was thinking maybe
it is something I am not doing right with it. Thanks for replying.
brink

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

Charlie,

You might check your Internet Explorer security level settings and make
sure for "Internet" you have it set to the "Default level
(Medium-High)". When I bumped it up to "High", I had problems with the
videos to. (Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab)

Hope this helps you track the problem.

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
freethinker

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

Hello,

I was getting the very same anomaly, (a diagonal, white on top/grey on
bottom that flashed color when playing), and I just stumbled upon a
quick fix:

1. Right-click in the standard youtube video window (non-full
screen).
2. Choose 'Settings...' from the Flash Player's pop-up menu.
3. Uncheck the 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'
4. Click 'Close'.

Full-screen should now work, or at least it did for me. Some kind of
Flash incompatibility with latest Firefox build, it would seem. I am
running vista, so maybe that has something to do with it, as well.
Good luck!

--
freethinker
freethinker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37002

http://forums.techarena.in

charlie

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player
Hi Freethinker,
You are brilliant! That works just fine.
Had previously looked on Adobe web site forum and the "boffins" there
couldn't come up with something this simple.You are brilliant. Sorry for the
delay in answering you. Thanks. Hope this helps others.

"freethinker" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was getting the very same anomaly, (a diagonal, white on top/grey on
> bottom that flashed color when playing), and I just stumbled upon a
> quick fix:
>
> 1. Right-click in the standard youtube video window (non-full
> screen).
> 2. Choose 'Settings...' from the Flash Player's pop-up menu.
> 3. Uncheck the 'Enable Hardware Acceleration'
> 4. Click 'Close'.
>
> Full-screen should now work, or at least it did for me. Some kind of
> Flash incompatibility with latest Firefox build, it would seem. I am
> running vista, so maybe that has something to do with it, as well.
> Good luck!
>

> --
> freethinker
> freethinker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37002
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=867875
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

freethinker

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

I'm very glad that worked out for you. I find many an answer to my
obscure technical questions via message boards. I am happy I could
finally return the favor! Take care, Charlie. Happy holidays.

--
freethinker
freethinker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37002
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=867875

http://forums.techarena.in

boicomax

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

thanks,

great advise that was, everything works just fine even the BBC iPlayer

Cheers

--
boicomax
Cabske

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

I had the same problem. Entered support tickets at the computers
manufacturer (Acer) the Reseller (Paradigiti in the netherlands) and AMD
(Mufacturer of my ATI Radeon 2600 Pro). All could not come up with this
brilliant sollution!!

Now I'm trying to find out why hardware accelaration is not supported.
I did not by this rather expensive card to let my CPU do all the
graphics work did I. If I get some positive feedback from the guys at
AMD I will drop a line in this post.

THX a million times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Cabske
Species

Re: Cannot get full screen in You Tube with Flash Player

I have just been with a customer who has the same problem. However
"Enable hardware acceleration" cannot be unticked. In fact, after right
clicking, I cannot change any of the flash setting. He has a Toshiba
Equium running Vista and the up-to-date flash. Any ideas why I cannot
change the flash setting? I have been able to change them on every other
computer I've come across.

Thanks.

--
Species