0x0000008e error after sp1 rc1 update

Dave Mcg

0x0000008e error after sp1 rc1 update
Tried to update to sp1 rc 1 and got this blue screen, no bott, any ideas?
Dave Mcg

RE: 0x0000008e error after sp1 rc1 update
NO BOOT!!!

"Dave Mcg" wrote:

> Tried to update to sp1 rc 1 and got this blue screen, no bott, any ideas?

Malke

Dave Mcg wrote:
> NO BOOT!!!
>
> "Dave Mcg" wrote:
>
>> Tried to update to sp1 rc 1 and got this blue screen, no bott, any ideas?

Since SP1 is still not RTM, you knew you were taking a chance. If you
are a beta tester, you should provide feedback and post in the beta
group. You would have been given reporting instructions when you signed up.

If you don't get any help from the beta group, wipe and clean install.
Hopefully you followed best practices for beta testing and did not do
this on a production machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: 0x0000008e error after sp1 rc1 update
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 18:28:01 -0800, Dave Mcg
<DaveMcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> NO BOOT!!!
>
> "Dave Mcg" wrote:
>
> > Tried to update to sp1 rc 1 and got this blue screen, no bott, any ideas?

When you run beta software, especially a beta operating system, you
always subject your entire computer and everything on it to such a
risk. That's why I always recommend that nobody do this unless they do
it on an extra non-critical machine that they don't mind reformatting
and reinstalling on if they have to.

For anybody else, running a beta version of an operating system is
foolhardy.

Whether your problem can be fixed, I don't know, but this isn't the
place to ask. If you are an official beta tester, you should know the
appropriate place to ask. If you are not an official beta tester, then
what you doing is even more foolhardy.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Dave Mcg

Re: 0x0000008e error after sp1 rc1 update
Hey thanks for the lecture. I am a trained professional, I downloaded it
through my MSDN subscription and their forums are focused more on Development
and I could not find a more appropriate place to post regarding Vista that
wasn't related to sdk. I don't know if I have access to the official beta
newsgroups so I asked here. Where did I say it was a missions critical
machine and oh my good Im going to die if someone doesn't help me fix it? I
didn't. This was a machine I could rebuild if I had to. Additionally it was
a release Candidate, you knwo the next stage after beta. Please shoot me now
for my indiscretions.

FYI I simply did a system restore and rolled back the update.

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 18:28:01 -0800, Dave Mcg
> <DaveMcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > NO BOOT!!!
> >
> > "Dave Mcg" wrote:
> >
> > > Tried to update to sp1 rc 1 and got this blue screen, no bott, any ideas?

> When you run beta software, especially a beta operating system, you
> always subject your entire computer and everything on it to such a
> risk. That's why I always recommend that nobody do this unless they do
> it on an extra non-critical machine that they don't mind reformatting
> and reinstalling on if they have to.
>
> For anybody else, running a beta version of an operating system is
> foolhardy.
>
> Whether your problem can be fixed, I don't know, but this isn't the
> place to ask. If you are an official beta tester, you should know the
> appropriate place to ask. If you are not an official beta tester, then
> what you doing is even more foolhardy.
>

> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: 0x0000008e error after sp1 rc1 update
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:24:01 -0800, Dave Mcg
<DaveMcg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hey thanks for the lecture. I am a trained professional, I downloaded it
> through my MSDN subscription and their forums are focused more on Development
> and I could not find a more appropriate place to post regarding Vista that
> wasn't related to sdk. I don't know if I have access to the official beta
> newsgroups so I asked here. Where did I say it was a missions critical
> machine and oh my good Im going to die if someone doesn't help me fix it? I
> didn't. This was a machine I could rebuild if I had to. Additionally it was
> a release Candidate, you knwo the next stage after beta. Please shoot me now
> for my indiscretions.

I gave you what I thought was good advice. Feel free to ignore it.