lunsh programs

arees2

lunsh programs
hi i dont know what happend,sudenly my programs that usualy lunsh by dobble
klick on them dont lunsh anymore.and if there is any program that is under
lined doesnt lunsh anymore.i noticed that any program or file ends with .exe
doesnt lunsh anymore,setup.exe doesnt lunsh anymore automaticly,it ask me to
choose the program i want to open this file.another thing if i download a
file from the net it will not run after the download ,will not install.
..... please help...tanks
Malke

Re: lunsh programs
arees2 wrote:
> hi i dont know what happend,sudenly my programs that usualy lunsh by dobble
> klick on them dont lunsh anymore.and if there is any program that is under
> lined doesnt lunsh anymore.i noticed that any program or file ends with .exe
> doesnt lunsh anymore,setup.exe doesnt lunsh anymore automaticly,it ask me to
> choose the program i want to open this file.another thing if i download a
> file from the net it will not run after the download ,will not install.
> .... please help...tanks

1. Make sure the computer is completely virus/malware-free:

2. If the machine is clean, see file association fixes here:

File association fixes for Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/

3. If neither of the above works or is applicable, since the change was
sudden do a System Restore to a date when everything worked. To run
System Restore, go to the Start Orb and in the Start Search box type
"System Restore" without the quotes. System Restore will appear in the
Programs result. Click on it, allow the UAC prompt, and follow the wizard.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Bob

Re: lunsh programs
You may have been hit by a virus or trojan
if you are comfortable with regedit then check these

Open the registry by calling regedit.exe from within a batch file.

Go to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command this should have
a default value of: "%1" %* exactly as I have typed. This value is sometimes
removed during a virus check and .exe files will not be run afterwards.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command which preserves its default
value of "%1" %* makes it possible to run .exe files indirectly from within
batch files.

Good luck

> arees2 wrote:
>> hi i dont know what happend,sudenly my programs that usualy lunsh by
>> dobble klick on them dont lunsh anymore.and if there is any program that
>> is under lined doesnt lunsh anymore.i noticed that any program or file
>> ends with .exe doesnt lunsh anymore,setup.exe doesnt lunsh anymore
>> automaticly,it ask me to choose the program i want to open this
>> file.another thing if i download a file from the net it will not run
>> after the download ,will not install. .... please help...tanks

> 1. Make sure the computer is completely virus/malware-free:

> 2. If the machine is clean, see file association fixes here:
>
> File association fixes for Windows Vista:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/
>
> 3. If neither of the above works or is applicable, since the change was
> sudden do a System Restore to a date when everything worked. To run System
> Restore, go to the Start Orb and in the Start Search box type "System
> Restore" without the quotes. System Restore will appear in the Programs
> result. Click on it, allow the UAC prompt, and follow the wizard.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Bob

Re: lunsh programs
You may have been hit by a virus or Trojan

Open the registry by calling regedit.exe within a batch file.

GO TO: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command this should have a
default value of: "%1" %* exactly as I have typed. This value is sometimes
removed during a virus check and .exe files will not be run afterwards.

THEN GO TO: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command which preserves
its default value of "%1" %* makes it possible to run .exe files indirectly
from within batch files

Good luck!

> arees2 wrote:
>> hi i dont know what happend,sudenly my programs that usualy lunsh by
>> dobble klick on them dont lunsh anymore.and if there is any program that
>> is under lined doesnt lunsh anymore.i noticed that any program or file
>> ends with .exe doesnt lunsh anymore,setup.exe doesnt lunsh anymore
>> automaticly,it ask me to choose the program i want to open this
>> file.another thing if i download a file from the net it will not run
>> after the download ,will not install. .... please help...tanks

> 1. Make sure the computer is completely virus/malware-free:

> 2. If the machine is clean, see file association fixes here:
>
> File association fixes for Windows Vista:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/
>
> 3. If neither of the above works or is applicable, since the change was
> sudden do a System Restore to a date when everything worked. To run System
> Restore, go to the Start Orb and in the Start Search box type "System
> Restore" without the quotes. System Restore will appear in the Programs
> result. Click on it, allow the UAC prompt, and follow the wizard.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

arees2

RE: lunsh programs
when i type regedit.exe on the run window it tells me this messege:
apllication not found.
i cant get to the restore function either
when i run panda antivirus it tells me that my computer is ok
i even downloaded a malware anti virus program,but the program wouldnt lunsh
and no setup.exe file

"arees2" wrote:

> hi i dont know what happend,sudenly my programs that usualy lunsh by dobble
> klick on them dont lunsh anymore.and if there is any program that is under
> lined doesnt lunsh anymore.i noticed that any program or file ends with .exe
> doesnt lunsh anymore,setup.exe doesnt lunsh anymore automaticly,it ask me to
> choose the program i want to open this file.another thing if i download a
> file from the net it will not run after the download ,will not install.
> .... please help...tanks

Bob

Re: lunsh programs
Can you open up a CMD window? Type cmd in the start window, when the cmd
window opens, type regedit.exe and press enter.