Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Simon Willcox
 

Posts: n/a
Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr
My Dell system was getting slow, so I did a re-image of the original install
which Dell provide on a seperate partition. All went well until I open my
folders and explorer crashes giving this information;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16513
Fault Module Timestamp: 4681c95d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0014608a
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311


It points to a kb article with a fix which when applied says does not apply
to my system. Any help would be appreciated

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr
Hi Simon,

Have you installed all of the patches and driver updates for your system
since reimaging? That'd be the first step. Explorer crashes are generally
caused by interference from another program. If the re-imaging process
reinstalled trial programs you previously removed, you may want to uninstall
them as well.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Simon Willcox" <SimonWillcox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8ACB6EA0-ECC8-4037-92CF-F4F11087965E@microsoft.com...
> My Dell system was getting slow, so I did a re-image of the original
> install
> which Dell provide on a seperate partition. All went well until I open my
> folders and explorer crashes giving this information;
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: Explorer.EXE
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
> Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
> Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16513
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4681c95d
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 0014608a
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>
>
> It points to a kb article with a fix which when applied says does not
> apply
> to my system. Any help would be appreciated
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2007
Simon Willcox
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Hom
thanks Rick, i have run all of the updates and removed all trial ware from
the system this was one of the first things i did after the re-imaging

Simon

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Have you installed all of the patches and driver updates for your system
> since reimaging? That'd be the first step. Explorer crashes are generally
> caused by interference from another program. If the re-imaging process
> reinstalled trial programs you previously removed, you may want to uninstall
> them as well.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "Simon Willcox" <SimonWillcox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8ACB6EA0-ECC8-4037-92CF-F4F11087965E@microsoft.com...
> > My Dell system was getting slow, so I did a re-image of the original
> > install
> > which Dell provide on a seperate partition. All went well until I open my
> > folders and explorer crashes giving this information;
> >
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: Explorer.EXE
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
> > Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
> > Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
> > Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16513
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4681c95d
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 0014608a
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 2057
> > Additional Information 1: 8d13
> > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> > Additional Information 3: 8d13
> > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> >
> >
> > It points to a kb article with a fix which when applied says does not
> > apply
> > to my system. Any help would be appreciated
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Joshua Scott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Hom
I am having this problem as well. It happens mostly when I have two explorer
windows open and try to copy files, but it also happens when I just open a
folder sometimes.

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. Here is the dump:

Product
Windows Explorer

Problem
Stopped working

Date
12/13/2007 1:01 AM

Status
Solution Available

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16513
Fault Module Timestamp: 4681c95d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0014608a
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 558570906


"Simon Willcox" wrote:

> thanks Rick, i have run all of the updates and removed all trial ware from
> the system this was one of the first things i did after the re-imaging
>
> Simon
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > Have you installed all of the patches and driver updates for your system
> > since reimaging? That'd be the first step. Explorer crashes are generally
> > caused by interference from another program. If the re-imaging process
> > reinstalled trial programs you previously removed, you may want to uninstall
> > them as well.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,
> >
> > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "Simon Willcox" <SimonWillcox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:8ACB6EA0-ECC8-4037-92CF-F4F11087965E@microsoft.com...
> > > My Dell system was getting slow, so I did a re-image of the original
> > > install
> > > which Dell provide on a seperate partition. All went well until I open my
> > > folders and explorer crashes giving this information;
> > >
> > > Problem signature:
> > > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > > Application Name: Explorer.EXE
> > > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
> > > Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
> > > Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
> > > Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16513
> > > Fault Module Timestamp: 4681c95d
> > > Exception Code: c0000005
> > > Exception Offset: 0014608a
> > > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > > Locale ID: 2057
> > > Additional Information 1: 8d13
> > > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> > > Additional Information 3: 8d13
> > > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> > >
> > >
> > > It points to a kb article with a fix which when applied says does not
> > > apply
> > > to my system. Any help would be appreciated
> > >

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
EddieZ
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr

Some 3rd party shell (on right-click menu) extensions or additions can
cause Explorer to crash. I haven't seen a lot of useful additions to
this menu so you're probably better off without them.


--
EddieZ

Did my answer help you out? Credit my reputation by clicking the scales!
-----------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Bill Silvert
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr
I had to turn off the Bluetooth extensions,, and I am not happy about that.

Bill Silvert

"EddieZ" <EddieZ.31j313@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:EddieZ.31j313@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Some 3rd party shell (on right-click menu) extensions or additions can
> cause Explorer to crash. I haven't seen a lot of useful additions to
> this menu so you're probably better off without them.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Joshua Scott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Hom
How did you turn off all Bluetooth extensions?

"Bill Silvert" wrote:

> I had to turn off the Bluetooth extensions,, and I am not happy about that.
>
> Bill Silvert
>
> "EddieZ" <EddieZ.31j313@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> news:EddieZ.31j313@no-mx.forums.net...
> >
> > Some 3rd party shell (on right-click menu) extensions or additions can
> > cause Explorer to crash. I haven't seen a lot of useful additions to
> > this menu so you're probably better off without them.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2008
Cheryl
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr
I have this same problem except the Fault Module is different. It used to be
once or twice a day but now it is constant.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f252
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f252
Additional Information 2: cf862d05a924ef142762076f60681684
Additional Information 3: e15b
Additional Information 4: e12206192f57d611f97fbccb2bbf912d


"Simon Willcox" wrote:

> My Dell system was getting slow, so I did a re-image of the original install
> which Dell provide on a seperate partition. All went well until I open my
> folders and explorer crashes giving this information;
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: Explorer.EXE
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16549
> Application Timestamp: 46d230c5
> Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16513
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4681c95d
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 0014608a
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>
>
> It points to a kb article with a fix which when applied says does not apply
> to my system. Any help would be appreciated
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2008
EddieZ
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Explorer crashes when I open my doscuments folder in Vista Home Pr

Get the free utility here: 'ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For
Windows' (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html)

Joshua Scott;543564 Wrote:
> How did you turn off all Bluetooth extensions?
>
> "Bill Silvert" wrote:
> > > >
> > > I had to turn off the Bluetooth extensions,, and I am not happy about

> > that.
> > >
> > > Bill Silvert
> > >
> > > "EddieZ" <EddieZ.31j313@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> > > news:EddieZ.31j313@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net...
> > >
> > > > >



--
EddieZ

-----------------------------------------
asus p5b deluxe wifi/ap
intel« pentium« e6600 processor
arctic cooling silentium t1 pro (500 w psu)
1066 mhz front side bus
msi ati x1950 pro 256 mb
seagate sataii 320gb
maxtor sata 250gb
trekstor datastation maxi z.ul 500 gb (r.i.p)
2gb ddrii kingston dual channel pc6400@7100
windows vista ultimate
-----------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Windows Explorer Crashes when entering Video Folder MaraST78 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 08-12-2009 17:15
Explorer crashes everytime i open the Control panel. clausfh microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 12-01-2007 01:05
Open explorer to particular folder Catherine microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 13 07-02-2007 06:54
Explorer crashes when trying to open a folder on a shared folder on a Win 2003 server TheMackenzie microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 05-17-2007 12:39
Vista Explorer Crashes When opening Folder containing Vector files =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 6 04-23-2007 10:31




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:45.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120