i am desperate

F_Rock

i am desperate
hi friends!
i'm new in vista and i just got a llap-top for my birthday with a vista home
basic os and i am having so many problems, i think sometimes it sucks....
so the problem is... actually i have some problems, the first is the help
and support center isn't working, so when i have troubles and i want search
for troubleshooting and help i get this '''''''Internet explorer cannot
download from /help'''''''' adn smth else. I read that microsoft with the
release of vista stopped the help feature but we can doanload a kind of
update that manages to run help in vista, i installed it and i still have
problems. Before i shrinked a partition and made it a logical one help and
support center did work and now i am having so much trouble. The second
problem is that when i restart or shut down the llap-top i never get a
warning or i never get asked if i want to shut it down or do smth else, like
normally i have to be asked or...? what the problem here? And teh third is
that why can't i run asp files, does home basic not support asp.net, cos i
read that some say home basic doesn't support asp.net and some say yes, but i
install the windows feature and when i start localhost i get error 404.04, i
really need that. So friends what should i do? Can i fix these problems or
should i change vista and isntall xp, i really am dissapointed, i really have
no where to ask anymore, if anybody could help me please
thanx
--
Llukashenko
Rick Rogers

Re: i am desperate
Hi,

For the first issue, see: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/helpctr.htm

As to Microsoft dropping the Help feature, that is quite inaccurate. What
Microsoft did was drop the very old .hlp format for help files as it was
outdated. The download that is available simply adds support for that format
for compatibility with software vendors whose programs still use that
format.

For problem #2, once you select shutdown or restart there should be no more
messages. This is by design.

As to #3, are you using IIS? I'm not sure what kind of support you are
looking for.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"F_Rock" <][Don Lluki][@seeu.com> wrote in message
> hi friends!
> i'm new in vista and i just got a llap-top for my birthday with a vista
> home
> basic os and i am having so many problems, i think sometimes it sucks....
>
> so the problem is... actually i have some problems, the first is the help
> and support center isn't working, so when i have troubles and i want
> search
> for troubleshooting and help i get this '''''''Internet explorer cannot
> download from /help'''''''' adn smth else. I read that microsoft with the
> release of vista stopped the help feature but we can doanload a kind of
> update that manages to run help in vista, i installed it and i still have
> problems. Before i shrinked a partition and made it a logical one help and
> support center did work and now i am having so much trouble. The second
> problem is that when i restart or shut down the llap-top i never get a
> warning or i never get asked if i want to shut it down or do smth else,
> like
> normally i have to be asked or...? what the problem here? And teh third is
> that why can't i run asp files, does home basic not support asp.net, cos i
> read that some say home basic doesn't support asp.net and some say yes,
> but i
> install the windows feature and when i start localhost i get error 404.04,
> really need that. So friends what should i do? Can i fix these problems or
> should i change vista and isntall xp, i really am dissapointed, i really
> have
> no where to ask anymore, if anybody could help me please
> thanx
> --
> Llukashenko

Valeria