system restore

Jaison McDonald

system restore
I have been having problems trying to get my computer to restore to a
previous restore point. I managed to fix the problem that was the reason
why I wanted to use system restore in the first place, so I don't need to
restore to an earlier point anymore. The problem is though, what if
something happens and I do need to use system restore. It still won't work.
I tried just to see if it would work and no it won't. Microsoft told me to
delete all prior restore points and then to create a new one. I did this
and still it will not work. What happens is it goes through the entire
procces and then after the restart it says it was unsuccesful and that
nothing was changed. I am running Windows Vista Home Edition on my laptop.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jai

Dutch

RE: system restore
I wish I had a resolution to this, but I'm having the same the problem with
Vista Home Premium on my desktop. Difference is I've never been able to get a
backup or a restore point - not once. It's never worked.

If anyone does have any suggestions, they'd be appreciated.

Dutch

"Jaison McDonald" wrote:

> I have been having problems trying to get my computer to restore to a
> previous restore point. I managed to fix the problem that was the reason
> why I wanted to use system restore in the first place, so I don't need to
> restore to an earlier point anymore. The problem is though, what if
> something happens and I do need to use system restore. It still won't work.
> I tried just to see if it would work and no it won't. Microsoft told me to
> delete all prior restore points and then to create a new one. I did this
> and still it will not work. What happens is it goes through the entire
> procces and then after the restart it says it was unsuccesful and that
> nothing was changed. I am running Windows Vista Home Edition on my laptop.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jai

Conley

RE: system restore

Have you tried booting from the Vista DVD and running System Restore from
the repair menu? On my computers, this works although System Restore always
fails when started from within Vista.

"Jaison McDonald" wrote:

> I have been having problems trying to get my computer to restore to a
> previous restore point. I managed to fix the problem that was the reason
> why I wanted to use system restore in the first place, so I don't need to
> restore to an earlier point anymore. The problem is though, what if
> something happens and I do need to use system restore. It still won't work.
> I tried just to see if it would work and no it won't. Microsoft told me to
> delete all prior restore points and then to create a new one. I did this
> and still it will not work. What happens is it goes through the entire
> procces and then after the restart it says it was unsuccesful and that
> nothing was changed. I am running Windows Vista Home Edition on my laptop.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jai

Jaison McDonald

Re: system restore
Thanks for the reply. I have not tried that, but i will try and let u know
if it works.!!! : )