Backups Reports

Zach

Backups Reports
Under Windows/XP, after starting the Backups program, there is an advanced
options link on the first page where when clicked it takes you to page where
one of the menu items is Reports and this where you find the results of
backup jobs that have run in the past.

Where is this facility in Vista (check if a backup job ran OK) ? Thanks
--
Zach
John Hanley

Re: Backups Reports
Does Control Panel/Backup and Restore Center give you what you need? It
reports when the last successful backup ran (or was unsuccessful) and when
the next one is due.

"Zach" <Zach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under Windows/XP, after starting the Backups program, there is an advanced
> options link on the first page where when clicked it takes you to page
> where
> one of the menu items is Reports and this where you find the results of
> backup jobs that have run in the past.
>
> Where is this facility in Vista (check if a backup job ran OK) ? Thanks
> --
> Zach

Zach

Re: Backups Reports
I don't see a link or option for "Reports" in the Backup Restore Center. The
only thing there now are two options/buttons to start two wizards- Backup
Files and Restore Files. I have not run any backups yet. Are you saying the
status/report of backups will appear in the Backup Restore Center after
running them ?
--
Zach

"John Hanley" wrote:

> Does Control Panel/Backup and Restore Center give you what you need? It
> reports when the last successful backup ran (or was unsuccessful) and when
> the next one is due.
>
> "Zach" <Zach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Under Windows/XP, after starting the Backups program, there is an advanced
> > options link on the first page where when clicked it takes you to page
> > where
> > one of the menu items is Reports and this where you find the results of
> > backup jobs that have run in the past.
> >
> > Where is this facility in Vista (check if a backup job ran OK) ? Thanks
> > --
> > Zach

John Hanley

Re: Backups Reports
No, what I was referring to is this information on the Backup and Restore
Center window with this as example:

Last backup: 12/6/2007 2:49 PM
Next backup: 12/9/2007 9:00 AM

>I don't see a link or option for "Reports" in the Backup Restore Center.
>The
> only thing there now are two options/buttons to start two wizards- Backup
> Files and Restore Files. I have not run any backups yet. Are you saying
> the
> status/report of backups will appear in the Backup Restore Center after
> running them ?
> --
> Zach
>

> "John Hanley" wrote:
>
>> Does Control Panel/Backup and Restore Center give you what you need? It
>> reports when the last successful backup ran (or was unsuccessful) and
>> when
>> the next one is due.
>>
>> "Zach" <Zach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Under Windows/XP, after starting the Backups program, there is an
>> > options link on the first page where when clicked it takes you to page
>> > where
>> > one of the menu items is Reports and this where you find the results of
>> > backup jobs that have run in the past.
>> >
>> > Where is this facility in Vista (check if a backup job ran OK) ?
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Zach

John

Re: Backups Reports

"John Hanley" <jphanley@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> No, what I was referring to is this information on the Backup and Restore
> Center window with this as example:
>
> Last backup: 12/6/2007 2:49 PM
> Next backup: 12/9/2007 9:00 AM
>

> "Zach" <Zach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I don't see a link or option for "Reports" in the Backup Restore Center.
>>The
>> only thing there now are two options/buttons to start two wizards- Backup
>> Files and Restore Files. I have not run any backups yet. Are you saying
>> the
>> status/report of backups will appear in the Backup Restore Center after
>> running them ?
>> --
>> Zach
>>

>> "John Hanley" wrote:
>>
>>> Does Control Panel/Backup and Restore Center give you what you need? It
>>> reports when the last successful backup ran (or was unsuccessful) and
>>> when
>>> the next one is due.
>>>
>>> "Zach" <Zach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You have to wait 'till your system crashes. Then you will find the results
of your backup.

John