File Backup Failure

RENEE

File Backup Failure
Have Windows Vista Ultimate. Can do a complete system backup, but not a file
backup. It fails each time with this error message:

The last back-up cannot be found. Make sure it is accessible and it has not
been deleted. Otherwise, create a new file backup.

I use a removable hard drive for both complete and file backup and I have
not taken it out. How do I make a brand new file backup? The error
instructions do not tell you how to do that. Thanks.
John Hanley

Re: File Backup Failure
Does Control Panel/Backup and Restore Center/Back up files do what you want?

"RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have Windows Vista Ultimate. Can do a complete system backup, but not a
> file
> backup. It fails each time with this error message:
>
> The last back-up cannot be found. Make sure it is accessible and it has
> not
> been deleted. Otherwise, create a new file backup.
>
> I use a removable hard drive for both complete and file backup and I have
> not taken it out. How do I make a brand new file backup? The error
> instructions do not tell you how to do that. Thanks.

RENEE

Re: File Backup Failure
No. Get the same error plus error number 0x81000006.

"John Hanley" wrote:

> Does Control Panel/Backup and Restore Center/Back up files do what you want?
>
> "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have Windows Vista Ultimate. Can do a complete system backup, but not a
> > file
> > backup. It fails each time with this error message:
> >
> > The last back-up cannot be found. Make sure it is accessible and it has
> > not
> > been deleted. Otherwise, create a new file backup.
> >
> > I use a removable hard drive for both complete and file backup and I have
> > not taken it out. How do I make a brand new file backup? The error
> > instructions do not tell you how to do that. Thanks.

John

Re: File Backup Failure
I think I read that this is caused by anti-virus software. Maybe someone
else has better information.

John