pc reboots often

=?Utf-8?B?YWxsc25hdGNodXJhbA==?=

pc reboots often
I have read a few posts on here with people having similar problems that I am
having. I upgraded from xp sp2 to vista home premium. I have an AMD Athlon
64 3800+, 2 GB ram, NVIDIA Geforce 7600 gt. I am not running the 64 version
of vista.

my pc randomly restarts sometimes for what appears to be no reason. I play
a lot of video games and all of them play the same as in xp except for
Vanguard saga of heroes. I played the beta in xp and it worked good. Now I
have the retail version and it crashes everytime I start it up. I get into
the actual game where I see my character then it reboots.

This is the only program where it always reboots. The other times it is
just random...rather it be opening a website, playing a video...just random
times.

this is the error I get when it tries to solve my problem when the computer
comes back on.

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

I have tried the vista nvidia driver, the beta one...then I let windows do
it and it rolled it back to a driver that came out in december.

any help would be appreciated if someone has figured out a solution to this
without giving up and waiting for windows or nvidia to come up with a
fix...if you need any more information just tell me and i'll help.
JimR

Re: pc reboots often
"allsnatchural" <allsnatchural@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have read a few posts on here with people having similar problems that I
>am
> having. I upgraded from xp sp2 to vista home premium. I have an AMD
> Athlon
> 64 3800+, 2 GB ram, NVIDIA Geforce 7600 gt. I am not running the 64
> version
> of vista.
>
> my pc randomly restarts sometimes for what appears to be no reason. I
> play
> a lot of video games and all of them play the same as in xp except for
> Vanguard saga of heroes. I played the beta in xp and it worked good. Now
> have the retail version and it crashes everytime I start it up. I get
> into
> the actual game where I see my character then it reboots.
>
> This is the only program where it always reboots. The other times it is
> just random...rather it be opening a website, playing a video...just
> random
> times.
>
> this is the error I get when it tries to solve my problem when the
> computer
> comes back on.
>
> Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
>
> I have tried the vista nvidia driver, the beta one...then I let windows do
> it and it rolled it back to a driver that came out in december.
>
> any help would be appreciated if someone has figured out a solution to
> this
> without giving up and waiting for windows or nvidia to come up with a
> fix...if you need any more information just tell me and i'll help.

The Nvidia driver version you should be using is 97.46. If you have a
different driver version you can get the correct one here -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_97.46.html

A possible cause of the random reboot issue may be overheating. You can try
unplugging the power from your computer, open the case and use a can of
compressed air to blow out any dust that might have accumulated, paying
special attention to the processor fan, heat sinc area and video card.

--
Jim