Calculating Time Remaining

=?Utf-8?B?TXIgQ2hhcw==?=

Calculating Time Remaining
I have installed Vista RTM on my Dell XPS Laptop (bought circa late 2005). I
have updated all the drivers for the laptop that Dell has recommended (e.g.
BIOS, chipset, etc). When I try to move file from my Windows 2003 Server or
my Maxtor 300 GB External HD I get two distinct problems. One, it takes far
longer to copy files to the Vista machine than it did in XP and the message
"Calculating Time Remaining" seems to display far long after the files have
actually copied.

I have two separate Vista machines running with the same problem. I have
seen many similar entries like this on the message boards. The Vista upgrade
advisor said bith my machines could be upgraded to Vista. So my question is
what is the problem? I do not think MS can just write this problem off to
drivers. If they do then can they provide us a list of drivers we need to
watch out for? How many testers did Bill Gates say they had? Millions? Seems
like their tests were bias. And Jim Allchin should be ashamed to let this go
out the door without atleast some guidence on possible problems and fixes.
Jesper Lindholt Bach

Re: Calculating Time Remaining
Dear Mr Chas

Didi you get a solution ?

I have the same problem with mine Win Vista Buisnes.

Regards

Jesper

"Mr Chas" <Mr Chas@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen
>I have installed Vista RTM on my Dell XPS Laptop (bought circa late 2005).
> have updated all the drivers for the laptop that Dell has recommended
> (e.g.
> BIOS, chipset, etc). When I try to move file from my Windows 2003 Server
> or
> my Maxtor 300 GB External HD I get two distinct problems. One, it takes
> far
> longer to copy files to the Vista machine than it did in XP and the
> message
> "Calculating Time Remaining" seems to display far long after the files
> have
> actually copied.
>
> I have two separate Vista machines running with the same problem. I have
> seen many similar entries like this on the message boards. The Vista
> upgrade
> advisor said bith my machines could be upgraded to Vista. So my question
> is
> what is the problem? I do not think MS can just write this problem off to
> drivers. If they do then can they provide us a list of drivers we need to
> watch out for? How many testers did Bill Gates say they had? Millions?
> Seems
> like their tests were bias. And Jim Allchin should be ashamed to let this
> go
> out the door without atleast some guidence on possible problems and fixes.

=?Utf-8?B?TXIgQ2hhcw==?=

Re: Calculating Time Remaining
No, I have not received a response from anyone. This issues is like a
blackhole. However, I did seem to mitigate my issues by putting my machines
on a wired network and removing them off my wireless network. I don't get it
because I have a wireless G with "Very Good" to "Excellent" reception on my
Vista clients. But for some reason Vista just does not like the wireless
connection when copying large files or large amount of files. This worked
perfectly on XP. Oh well, I hope this helps you or someone else. If you are
on a wired network, make sure it is a 100MB network and check your cat 5
cables/switches/hubs for any damage or issues that would cause any network
degradation.