Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2007
mc
 

Posts: n/a
Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!

I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2007
Diamontina Cocktail
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards

"mc" <mcp_@msn.com> wrote in message
news:E1F6D715-3DA0-4399-94B4-D87779653B3E@microsoft.com...
> There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
>
> http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>
> It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
>
> I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
> Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
> uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)
>


Thanks for the tip. Started the install and it offered an UPGRADE path
though (ATI Radeon 9600 Pro) so I chose that. Still installing at the
moment.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2007
=?Utf-8?B?YWNvb2s=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
MC, hugs and kisses to you. The install solved a lot of quirky quirks.

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

>
> "mc" <mcp_@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:E1F6D715-3DA0-4399-94B4-D87779653B3E@microsoft.com...
> > There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
> >
> > http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
> >
> > It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
> >
> > I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
> > Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
> > uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)
> >

>
> Thanks for the tip. Started the install and it offered an UPGRADE path
> though (ATI Radeon 9600 Pro) so I chose that. Still installing at the
> moment.
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2007
Diamontina Cocktail
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards
Didnt solve mine, though.

Monitor WONT turn off even though told to do so.

"acook" <acook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F9085467-73A7-43CC-8C24-FD4039B4760D@microsoft.com...
> MC, hugs and kisses to you. The install solved a lot of quirky quirks.
>
> "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
>
>>
>> "mc" <mcp_@msn.com> wrote in message
>> news:E1F6D715-3DA0-4399-94B4-D87779653B3E@microsoft.com...
>> > There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista:
>> >
>> > http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
>> >
>> > It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess!
>> >
>> > I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon
>> > Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first
>> > uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)
>> >

>>
>> Thanks for the tip. Started the install and it offered an UPGRADE path
>> though (ATI Radeon 9600 Pro) so I chose that. Still installing at the
>> moment.
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: MPG Video playback color is off =?Utf-8?B?U2h5YW0=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 6 05-04-2007 18:34
Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player =?Utf-8?B?Y2FubmVkc29kYQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 6 04-01-2007 00:54
HP7750n problems importing composite video Steve microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-08-2007 00:55
Video quality problems playing wmr files in WMP11 Eran microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 02-07-2007 17:57
Video capture from IEEE 1394 issue =?Utf-8?B?Y29uZnVzZWQtcGxlbnR5?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 12-28-2006 20:47




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:52.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120