Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

not responding message

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2007
hrodkin
 

Posts: n/a
not responding message
how do I turn off the not responding message and gray out. It comes on way to
fast and is usually wrong.
--
Howard
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: not responding message
Hi,

What's not responding? When does it happen?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"hrodkin" <hrodkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4AF4467F-DD61-4AF9-B35F-1E6E44E3AB13@microsoft.com...
> how do I turn off the not responding message and gray out. It comes on way
> to
> fast and is usually wrong.
> --
> Howard


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2007
hrodkin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: not responding message
Rick,
Lot's of programs. Photoshop, Firefox, Lightroom, Windows Media Player to
name a few of the regulars. With Photoshop if I just wait it out the program
finishes the process and the message goes away. Vista just seems to jump the
gun a lot.
--
Howard


"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's not responding? When does it happen?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "hrodkin" <hrodkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4AF4467F-DD61-4AF9-B35F-1E6E44E3AB13@microsoft.com...
> > how do I turn off the not responding message and gray out. It comes on way
> > to
> > fast and is usually wrong.
> > --
> > Howard

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-05-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: not responding message
Hi,

Either too much is loading at boot, or you have some spy/adware loaded.
First place the system in diagnostic mode by running msconfig from the
search line. It's on the general tab. After rebooting, see if the problems
still occur while running a couple of programs. If not, then the problem
lies in all the software that was disabled, the startup tab of that utility
will have the list. If it's still happening, run full system scans with your
preferred antivirus and antispyware applications.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"hrodkin" <hrodkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:86DA804A-0E49-4087-B740-BE95DA88E1BE@microsoft.com...
> Rick,
> Lot's of programs. Photoshop, Firefox, Lightroom, Windows Media Player to
> name a few of the regulars. With Photoshop if I just wait it out the
> program
> finishes the process and the message goes away. Vista just seems to jump
> the
> gun a lot.
> --
> Howard
>
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What's not responding? When does it happen?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>>
>> "hrodkin" <hrodkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4AF4467F-DD61-4AF9-B35F-1E6E44E3AB13@microsoft.com...
>> > how do I turn off the not responding message and gray out. It comes on
>> > way
>> > to
>> > fast and is usually wrong.
>> > --
>> > Howard

>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2007
hrodkin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: not responding message
Rick,
I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.
Thanks
--
Howard


"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Either too much is loading at boot, or you have some spy/adware loaded.
> First place the system in diagnostic mode by running msconfig from the
> search line. It's on the general tab. After rebooting, see if the problems
> still occur while running a couple of programs. If not, then the problem
> lies in all the software that was disabled, the startup tab of that utility
> will have the list. If it's still happening, run full system scans with your
> preferred antivirus and antispyware applications.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "hrodkin" <hrodkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:86DA804A-0E49-4087-B740-BE95DA88E1BE@microsoft.com...
> > Rick,
> > Lot's of programs. Photoshop, Firefox, Lightroom, Windows Media Player to
> > name a few of the regulars. With Photoshop if I just wait it out the
> > program
> > finishes the process and the message goes away. Vista just seems to jump
> > the
> > gun a lot.
> > --
> > Howard
> >
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> What's not responding? When does it happen?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,
> >>
> >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >>
> >> "hrodkin" <hrodkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:4AF4467F-DD61-4AF9-B35F-1E6E44E3AB13@microsoft.com...
> >> > how do I turn off the not responding message and gray out. It comes on
> >> > way
> >> > to
> >> > fast and is usually wrong.
> >> > --
> >> > Howard
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2008
paulmeister
 

Posts: n/a
Re: not responding message

RickRogers, you have absolutely no idea what message he is referring to,
do you? You should not respond to problems unless you understand what
the problem is. He (as well as myself), want to get rid of that damned
annoying "Program Not Responding" message that Vista is way too
trigger-happy about. Half of the time, the program is simply loading.
When I click "Cancel" to clear the message box, the program RESUMES
right before Vista shuts it down. Obviously, this feature is flawed and
needs to be disabled. Any one know how to do it? Anyone NOT named
RickRogers? This is not about viruses, or spyware, or load. This is
about disabling a feature of Vista. OBVIOUSLY. -_-


--
paulmeister
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2008
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: not responding message
Please quote the message you are replying to. I see no such message from
Rick.


--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview


"paulmeister" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:5b19ae448c33d9085e3a37919475a68f@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> RickRogers, you have absolutely no idea what message he is referring to,
> do you? You should not respond to problems unless you understand what
> the problem is. He (as well as myself), want to get rid of that damned
> annoying "Program Not Responding" message that Vista is way too
> trigger-happy about. Half of the time, the program is simply loading.
> When I click "Cancel" to clear the message box, the program RESUMES
> right before Vista shuts it down. Obviously, this feature is flawed and
> needs to be disabled. Any one know how to do it? Anyone NOT named
> RickRogers? This is not about viruses, or spyware, or load. This is
> about disabling a feature of Vista. OBVIOUSLY. -_-
>
>
> --
> paulmeister


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error message display driver igfx stopped responding Mx32004 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 26 09-16-2009 01:37
not responding message hrodkin microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 12-08-2007 20:19
The dreaded Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding message Sarah microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 06-28-2007 15:51
App not responding message - annoyance atodzia@cox.net microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 03-25-2007 18:12
message (not responding) added ? FinoFix microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-11-2007 10:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120