The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!

Tony Tharayil

The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!

The longer my computer is running, the slower it becomes! immediately
after start-up, my computer is perfectly fine; it's extremely
responsive, and my frame rates are high. BUT an hour or so later, my
computer hangs (lags) and becomes sluggish when navigating the explorer
bar and internet (on IE7, not Firefox)

Also, the longer my computer is on, the more lag I get on the login
screen of Battlefield 2. (after the intro movies, the login / splash
screen comes up and when I click the login button, it doesn't do
anything! about 10 min. later, the click is recognized and it logs
in...strangely, if I hit Enter on the keyboard, it logs in perfectly,
instantly!)

the last issue I have is that I get the Blue screen. First, I get a
message saying that "DLL module has stopped working" then my computer
keeps running. BUT if my computer tries to play a sound, it blue screens
and says that "ctdaud.sys has stopped working......" (I cannot read it
because the memory dump has started and so 4 seconds later, my computer
restarts) I believe that this is because of my audio card (creative X-Fi
audio edition....ctd standing for Creative Device) but the drivers are
up to date, vista compatible and work just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tony T.

--
Tony Tharayil
Tony Tharayil

Re: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!

....bump....

--
Tony Tharayil
Bob J

RE: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!
No specs provided,>
Just a guess--------More memory required > better graphic card!!!!!!!!!!
--
Regards
Bob J

"Tony Tharayil" wrote:

> The longer my computer is running, the slower it becomes! immediately
> after start-up, my computer is perfectly fine; it's extremely
> responsive, and my frame rates are high. BUT an hour or so later, my
> computer hangs (lags) and becomes sluggish when navigating the explorer
> bar and internet (on IE7, not Firefox)
>
> Also, the longer my computer is on, the more lag I get on the login
> screen of Battlefield 2. (after the intro movies, the login / splash
> screen comes up and when I click the login button, it doesn't do
> anything! about 10 min. later, the click is recognized and it logs
> in...strangely, if I hit Enter on the keyboard, it logs in perfectly,
> instantly!)
>
> the last issue I have is that I get the Blue screen. First, I get a
> message saying that "DLL module has stopped working" then my computer
> keeps running. BUT if my computer tries to play a sound, it blue screens
> and says that "ctdaud.sys has stopped working......" (I cannot read it
> because the memory dump has started and so 4 seconds later, my computer
> restarts) I believe that this is because of my audio card (creative X-Fi
> audio edition....ctd standing for Creative Device) but the drivers are
> up to date, vista compatible and work just fine.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Tony T.
>

> --
> Tony Tharayil

Malke

Tony Tharayil wrote:
> ...bump....

There is no "bump" on Usenet.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet - a brief
explanation of newsgroups

Sounds like overheating.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Kurt Herman

Re: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!
Could also be a memory leak in a side bar app. I know I had one that showed
all my drives, and the longer it ran, the more memory it consumed. Since
these are third party, and not MS, I just stop using the flakey side bar
gadgets.

Kurt

Bob J;535115 Wrote:
> No specs provided,>
> Just a guess--------More memory required > better graphic card!!!

"bump" meaning, to move the thread to the top of the thread list.

I think my system is somewhat capable:

-= 4 gigs DDR2 800 speed
-= nVidia 8800 GTS (overclocked to 650 core, 900 memory; tempuratue is
stable at around 40C)
-= 5.4 in Vista Rating

And I already have the sidebar de-activated

I just re-installed Vista so hopefully this will solve the problem.

Thanks,
Tony T.

--
Tony Tharayil
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!
On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:21:33 -0600, Tony Tharayil
<Tony.Tharayil.315eo1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

> "bump" meaning, to move the thread to the top of the thread list.

Two points:

1. As Malke explained, that doesn't work here. Bump has no meaning on
newsgroups, and doesn't do anything here.

2. If it did do what you described, it would be extremely rude. It's
like cutting in front of a bunch of people standing on line.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
roy69

Re: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!

Judging from your handle, overclocker I would go into your bios and put
the timings to what they are ment to be. This may solve your problem. If
your stressing your system and it is getting slower you may end up with
a damaged computer.

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Duel Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
TheMuffinMan

Re: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!

Sounds like overheating to me

--
TheMuffinMan

amd 64 x2 4800+
gigabyte ga-m55sli-s4
corsair 4 x pc26400 800mhz
enermax liberty 600w
ati x1950 pro
kds 22\" 1680x1050 widescreen 700:1 2ms
enermax liberty 600w
maxtor 250gb 7200rpm 8mb
maxtor 300gb 7200rpm 16mb
sb audigy se
logitech x-540 5.1 surround sound
Tony Tharayil

Re: The longer my computer runs, the slower it gets!

The computer I'm having the issue on has not been overclocked at all and
the tempuratures never go above 32C or so.

In referance to bumping, it's quite common in most fourms. it's not an
actual command, but a "filler" so to say. (everytime someone posts, your
thread goes to the top of the stack, bump refering to bumping the thread
to the top)

--
Tony Tharayil