Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working

=?Utf-8?B?V2VzdGxhbmRPSA==?=

Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
I have a new HP a1730n with Windows Vista installed. When using the print
function (and some others) in Spreadsheet or Database functions it comes up
with a message that says Microsoft Works 8 has stopped working. It then says
it will see if there is a solution ... but nothing happens. Any help?????
Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
I believe Works 8.5 works OK -- that's what I have from the MS Works
Suite 2006.

=?Utf-8?B?VGluV1Y=?=

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
Works 8.5 does not work either.
I have a brand new Gateway notebook with Windows Vista Premium.
I have tried reinstalling the software.
I have even wiped out my disk and reinstalled Vista.
I have not installed any other software.
The only things I have introduced to my computer are the documents pulled
from my old computer.

"Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote:

> I believe Works 8.5 works OK -- that's what I have from the MS Works
> Suite 2006.

=?Utf-8?B?VGluV1Y=?=

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
I should add that some documents work and others don't.

"TinWV" wrote:

> Works 8.5 does not work either.
> I have a brand new Gateway notebook with Windows Vista Premium.
> I have tried reinstalling the software.
> I have even wiped out my disk and reinstalled Vista.
> I have not installed any other software.
> The only things I have introduced to my computer are the documents pulled
> from my old computer.
>

> "Hugh Wyn Griffith" wrote:
>
> > I believe Works 8.5 works OK -- that's what I have from the MS Works
> > Suite 2006.

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
Well as I said, a clean installation of Works Suite 2006 with Word 8.5
is working for me, but although it says Works 8.5 it is of course the
case that the SUite contains WORD 2002 in place of the Works word
processor so I may have misled you slightly there.

Have you checked the Microsoft Update site (not the WIndows Update
site) or gone to the MS OFFICE section for Microsoft.com? You will find
updates there and a wizard that will check your OFFICE applications on
line.

adamskd

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working

Im having the same problem...

--
adamskd
adamskd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=22070

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

RE: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
I have a new Emachine with Vista Home Basic installed and am also having a
problem with the Database function of Works 8.5. It will not accept
databases prepared in earlier editions of Works. Other functions of the suite
work. It appears that an update from Microsoft should be forthcoming but no
one seems to know when it will be published. Does anyone here have any input.

"WestlandOH" wrote:

> I have a new HP a1730n with Windows Vista installed. When using the print
> function (and some others) in Spreadsheet or Database functions it comes up
> with a message that says Microsoft Works 8 has stopped working. It then says
> it will see if there is a solution ... but nothing happens. Any help?????

RickB

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
I had the same problem after I configured my HP C3140 printer/scanner. I
finally discovered that as long as my HP C3140 was not the "default"
printer, I had no problems with the Works Spreadsheet. I added a "dummy"
printer (HP DeskJet 990c) and made it the default.

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new Emachine with Vista Home Basic installed and am also having a
> problem with the Database function of Works 8.5. It will not accept
> databases prepared in earlier editions of Works. Other functions of the
> suite
> work. It appears that an update from Microsoft should be forthcoming but
> no
> one seems to know when it will be published. Does anyone here have any
> input.
>
> "WestlandOH" wrote:
>
>> I have a new HP a1730n with Windows Vista installed. When using the print
>> function (and some others) in Spreadsheet or Database functions it comes
>> up
>> with a message that says Microsoft Works 8 has stopped working. It then
>> says
>> it will see if there is a solution ... but nothing happens. Any help?????

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeU0=?=

"RickB" wrote:

> I had the same problem after I configured my HP C3140 printer/scanner. I
> finally discovered that as long as my HP C3140 was not the "default"
> printer, I had no problems with the Works Spreadsheet. I added a "dummy"
> printer (HP DeskJet 990c) and made it the default.
>
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new Emachine with Vista Home Basic installed and am also having a
> > problem with the Database function of Works 8.5. It will not accept
> > databases prepared in earlier editions of Works. Other functions of the
> > suite
> > work. It appears that an update from Microsoft should be forthcoming but
> > no
> > one seems to know when it will be published. Does anyone here have any
> > input.
> >
> > "WestlandOH" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a new HP a1730n with Windows Vista installed. When using the print
> >> function (and some others) in Spreadsheet or Database functions it comes
> >> up
> >> with a message that says Microsoft Works 8 has stopped working. It then
> >> says
> >> it will see if there is a solution ... but nothing happens. Any help?????

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeU0=?=

Re: Microsoft Works 8 Stops Working
I had the same problem when I received my new Dell laptop and installed my HP
Officejet 6210. RickB's solution worked.!!! Thanks.