Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Program compatibility & Drivers

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cGFpcHBhbGFkYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Program compatibility & Drivers
I just installed Vista. Everything is fine except that I keep getting a
program compatility dialogue box regarding the incompatibility of a driver -
truevector device driver. I checked the Zone Labs website adn tehre doesnt
seem to be a new driver (unless I just totally missed it). At any rate,
assumign that there is no new driver yet, is there a way to disable the
compatibility dialogue box? It is one of htese boxes that is permanently
there. It cannot be closed or cancelled.

I wanted to removed the driver from teh system, but I am afraid of what the
consequences might be.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2007
Richard Urban
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Program compatibility & Drivers
ZoneAlarm is NOT currently compatible with Vista and should have been
uninstalled before you upgraded to Vista.

--


Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
(For email, remove the obvious from my address)

Quote from George Ankner:
If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!



"paippalada" <paippalada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5C3413B7-655B-4462-A4A0-A65407C6EC0C@microsoft.com...
>I just installed Vista. Everything is fine except that I keep getting a
> program compatility dialogue box regarding the incompatibility of a
> driver -
> truevector device driver. I checked the Zone Labs website adn tehre
> doesnt
> seem to be a new driver (unless I just totally missed it). At any rate,
> assumign that there is no new driver yet, is there a way to disable the
> compatibility dialogue box? It is one of htese boxes that is permanently
> there. It cannot be closed or cancelled.
>
> I wanted to removed the driver from teh system, but I am afraid of what
> the
> consequences might be.
>
> Thanks in advance


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cGFpcHBhbGFkYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Program compatibility & Drivers
Repost (I dont think hte first one made it on)

Thanks for your reply. When I purchased by computer (HP), as far as I know
it didtnt have zone alarm installed. It was floor sample and before I got
it, they restored it to the original condition as it was when it was shipped.
It is possible that they had zone alarm installed, but it was not installed
when i received.

So the next question is: if i remove the two files (vsdata.dll adn
vsdatant.sys) both of which are connected to the truevector device driver
that the program compatibility dialogue box keeps telling me about, will that
destabilize the operating system?

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> ZoneAlarm is NOT currently compatible with Vista and should have been
> uninstalled before you upgraded to Vista.
>
> --
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>
>
>
> "paippalada" <paippalada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5C3413B7-655B-4462-A4A0-A65407C6EC0C@microsoft.com...
> >I just installed Vista. Everything is fine except that I keep getting a
> > program compatility dialogue box regarding the incompatibility of a
> > driver -
> > truevector device driver. I checked the Zone Labs website adn tehre
> > doesnt
> > seem to be a new driver (unless I just totally missed it). At any rate,
> > assumign that there is no new driver yet, is there a way to disable the
> > compatibility dialogue box? It is one of htese boxes that is permanently
> > there. It cannot be closed or cancelled.
> >
> > I wanted to removed the driver from teh system, but I am afraid of what
> > the
> > consequences might be.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-04-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cGFpcHBhbGFkYQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Program compatibility & Drivers
The issue has been resolved. I just removed the .dll and .sys file
assocatiad with truevector (which is not to be found on my machine) and
everything fine.

Thanks

"paippalada" wrote:

> Repost (I dont think hte first one made it on)
>
> Thanks for your reply. When I purchased by computer (HP), as far as I know
> it didtnt have zone alarm installed. It was floor sample and before I got
> it, they restored it to the original condition as it was when it was shipped.
> It is possible that they had zone alarm installed, but it was not installed
> when i received.
>
> So the next question is: if i remove the two files (vsdata.dll adn
> vsdatant.sys) both of which are connected to the truevector device driver
> that the program compatibility dialogue box keeps telling me about, will that
> destabilize the operating system?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > ZoneAlarm is NOT currently compatible with Vista and should have been
> > uninstalled before you upgraded to Vista.
> >
> > --
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> > (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >
> > Quote from George Ankner:
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >
> >
> >
> > "paippalada" <paippalada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:5C3413B7-655B-4462-A4A0-A65407C6EC0C@microsoft.com...
> > >I just installed Vista. Everything is fine except that I keep getting a
> > > program compatility dialogue box regarding the incompatibility of a
> > > driver -
> > > truevector device driver. I checked the Zone Labs website adn tehre
> > > doesnt
> > > seem to be a new driver (unless I just totally missed it). At any rate,
> > > assumign that there is no new driver yet, is there a way to disable the
> > > compatibility dialogue box? It is one of htese boxes that is permanently
> > > there. It cannot be closed or cancelled.
> > >
> > > I wanted to removed the driver from teh system, but I am afraid of what
> > > the
> > > consequences might be.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selecting a different default email program =?Utf-8?B?SXlhbWk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 9 01-13-2008 03:57
Vista 64 compatibility? Scotter microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 16 03-03-2007 18:48
Vista 64 bit and class compliant drivers? =?Utf-8?B?c3RhcmlzZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 02-24-2007 15:11
Compatibility Mode =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-18-2007 07:00
Program needs mplayer2 from 6.4 player =?Utf-8?B?RWNr?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 01-17-2007 20:15




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120