=?iso-8859-1?Q?automatic_restarting_doesn=B4t_work_anymore?=

mc

=?iso-8859-1?Q?automatic_restarting_doesn=B4t_work_anymore?=
When I have to shutdown my notebook and it has to restart automaticly (after
I installed a program or anything that will ask for an automatic restart),
it won´t work anymore.
So I have to completely shutdown by powerbutton and then manually start up
by the powerbutton.

I have Home Basic installed on a IBM Thinkpad A30 (yes an ´oldie´ but it
works though), everything works very fine, accept for the ATI Radeon
Mobility driver but that is a well known issue...

Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]

Re: automatic restarting doesn´t work anymore
So first of all, it does not shutdown by itself? Possibly you should wait a
little longer? If not, you might try to update the motherboard drivers for
your laptop - possibly Vista needs a newer driver to work with your laptop
"shutdown handling (ACPI?) " harware...

--
Regards,
Yuriy

"mc" <mcp_@msn.com> wrote in message
> When I have to shutdown my notebook and it has to restart automaticly
> (after I installed a program or anything that will ask for an automatic
> restart), it won´t work anymore.
> So I have to completely shutdown by powerbutton and then manually start up
> by the powerbutton.
>
> I have Home Basic installed on a IBM Thinkpad A30 (yes an ´oldie´ but it
> works though), everything works very fine, accept for the ATI Radeon
> Mobility driver but that is a well known issue...

mc

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_automatic_restarting_doesn=B4t_work_anymor e?=

"Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]" <yuriys@online.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> So first of all, it does not shutdown by itself? Possibly you should wait
> a little longer? If not, you might try to update the motherboard drivers
> for your laptop - possibly Vista needs a newer driver to work with your
> laptop "shutdown handling (ACPI?) " harware...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Yuriy

> rights.
> "mc" <mcp_@msn.com> wrote in message
>> When I have to shutdown my notebook and it has to restart automaticly
>> (after I installed a program or anything that will ask for an automatic
>> restart), it won´t work anymore.
>> So I have to completely shutdown by powerbutton and then manually start
>> up by the powerbutton.
>>
>> I have Home Basic installed on a IBM Thinkpad A30 (yes an ´oldie´ but it
>> works though), everything works very fine, accept for the ATI Radeon
>> Mobility driver but that is a well known issue...

It´s fixed: I installed the latest ATI driver (a very new one 29-01-2007) it
fixed also some other minor video problems