messanger and long shut down time problem

John

messanger and long shut down time problem
I've got a Acer Aspire 5100 laptop and have just installed Vista Ultimate
(Clean install) straight after install I downloaded Messenger Live and
installed it, but it just won't load up, if I try and kill the process
nothing happens it stays in my process list, also got a problem with
Trillian Pro loading I had it working then needed to reboot and now it just
freezes, finally, well at least for now shutting down or restarting takes
for ever and some times just stops so I have to turn my laptop off via the
power button so the next time I turn it on I get asked if I want to load in
safe mode etc.

Apart from these couple of what I hope will be small problems, I'm quite
impressed with Vista and also what seems to be an increase in performance.

Any help would be appricaited.

TIA

Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]

Re: messanger and long shut down time problem
It might be happening if your messenger software waits on somebody to let it
to connect to internet. Thus, if you have any firewalls enabled on the
machine, could you try disabling them and see if that fixes the problem? It
it fixes the problem, you will need to configure your firewall to let the
messenger to access the internet and not to block it

--
Regards,
Yuriy

"John" <john@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Acer Aspire 5100 laptop and have just installed Vista Ultimate
> (Clean install) straight after install I downloaded Messenger Live and
> installed it, but it just won't load up, if I try and kill the process
> nothing happens it stays in my process list, also got a problem with
> Trillian Pro loading I had it working then needed to reboot and now it
> just freezes, finally, well at least for now shutting down or
> restarting takes for ever and some times just stops so I have to turn my
> laptop off via the power button so the next time I turn it on I get asked
> if I want to load in safe mode etc.
>
> Apart from these couple of what I hope will be small problems, I'm quite
> impressed with Vista and also what seems to be an increase in performance.
>
> Any help would be appricaited.
>
> TIA

Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]

Re: messanger and long shut down time problem
>but it just won't load up
So you get no ui, just the process in the process list?

--
Regards,
Yuriy

"John" <john@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Acer Aspire 5100 laptop and have just installed Vista Ultimate
> (Clean install) straight after install I downloaded Messenger Live and
> installed it, but it just won't load up, if I try and kill the process
> nothing happens it stays in my process list, also got a problem with
> Trillian Pro loading I had it working then needed to reboot and now it
> just freezes, finally, well at least for now shutting down or
> restarting takes for ever and some times just stops so I have to turn my
> laptop off via the power button so the next time I turn it on I get asked
> if I want to load in safe mode etc.
>
> Apart from these couple of what I hope will be small problems, I'm quite
> impressed with Vista and also what seems to be an increase in performance.
>
> Any help would be appricaited.
>
> TIA

John

Re: messanger and long shut down time problem
> So you get no ui, just the process in the process list?

Thats right, it doesn't load and it shows in the process list but won't end,
if I try to run it again it shows as another process and I can end that one,
but the first one stays there and won't end