"Enable Advanced Performace" for disk drives

=?Utf-8?B?RHlsYW5N?=

"Enable Advanced Performace" for disk drives
Anyone have this option enabled (under the Policies tab) and noticed any
difference in performace?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: "Enable Advanced Performace" for disk drives
I recommend disabling it to reduce chances of data corruption.

With it disabled, the HDD operates in write-through cache mode,
in which all data that gets written to the drive is immediately written
to the disks and also stored in the cache. Writes are not cached, but reads are.

When the option is enabled, the HDD operates in write-back cache mode,
in which all the data that gets written to the drive is first stored in the cache,
and then later written to the disk. Both writes and reads are cached in this case.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"DylanM" wrote:

Anyone have this option enabled (under the Policies tab) and noticed any
difference in performace?
=?Utf-8?B?RHlsYW5N?=

Re: "Enable Advanced Performace" for disk drives
Thanks Carey - that's great info.