Processes

=?Utf-8?B?V2l0em9kZQ==?=

Processes
Can someone please tell me what all the unnecessary processes are? I am so
used to windows XP and I knew every process there, that I killed all services
and processes that i didn't need, leaving me with 18 processes, including 4
programs of my own running..It kills me to see a whopping 34 processes in
Vista.
Yuriy Shkolnikov [MSFT]

Re: Processes
Well, why don't you post here a list with all these 34 processes running on
your system?

Note, that many processes running on your system kind of support your
hardware, i.g. I have ati2evxx.exe running on mine. You could certainly live
without them, but you'll not be able to use some of your hardware features.

At least we could tell you what they are for and you'll be making a decision
on whether to keep it or not.

BTW, Process Explorer is a great tool to do this kind of research.

--
Regards,
Yuriy

"Witzode" <Witzode@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsECC2ADE-225C-4901-82A7-51F157DCCCA4@microsoft.com...
> Can someone please tell me what all the unnecessary processes are? I am so
> used to windows XP and I knew every process there, that I killed all
> services
> and processes that i didn't need, leaving me with 18 processes, including
> 4
> programs of my own running..It kills me to see a whopping 34 processes in
> Vista.

Cheddarhead

Re: Processes
What is the deal with trying to kill process's in vista... it seems to go
back all the way to 98se, people trying to make there boxes lean. But with
Vista, you'd be making a mistake disabling processes before it comes out on
some tech blog like the old viper what exactly these processes do and what
will happen if you disable them, just leave you system as it is, if its such
a problem buy more ram, the benefits are there in vista to leave processes
do there thing...

my 2 pence