Please Help, Vista Takes About 10 Minutes to Start Up. Literally!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBT?=

Please Help, Vista Takes About 10 Minutes to Start Up. Literally!
Ok, this just started and it is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have BitLocker
installed and I am using it but it does this with or without BitLocker so I
don’t believe that would be the problem. Anyways, heres what happens. I can
be in Windows Vista doing anything and it will run fine, then I can go to
restart or turn off the computer. When the computer comes back on it says
BitLocker key received and from there it should boot to windows. Well it will
sit on that screen for literally about 10 to 15 minutes and my hard drive
will be working full bore. It never used to do this and I have not made any
significant software or hardware changes that it would be trying to cope
with. I have Mcafee Internet Security with Virus protection but I don’t think
its that either. I have absolutely now clue why it does this but any help
here would be great. Also, before I had BitLocker set up it did this one time
before the Vista Symbol during the start up, it just sat at a black screen
and the hard drive was working full bore then after a long time booted up.
Thank you in advance.

Chad

=?Utf-8?B?amltbXVo?=

RE: Please Help, Vista Takes About 10 Minutes to Start Up. Literally!
To start I would suggest going into Control Panel | System Maintenance |
Performance Information and Tools. In the Performance Information and Tools
click on the Problem Reports and Solutions link in the left pane of the
dialog. Take a look in the history of the resulting dialog. Even before you
get that far, if there's something that Vista recognizes as a problem that is
causing all of this thrashing and elongation of the boot time, I'm thinking
you'll see a notice from Vista about the issue in the main part of that
dialog. It should tell you what is causing the delay and how much time it is
adding to the boot time.

"Chad S" wrote:

> Ok, this just started and it is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have BitLocker
> installed and I am using it but it does this with or without BitLocker so I
> don’t believe that would be the problem. Anyways, heres what happens. I can
> be in Windows Vista doing anything and it will run fine, then I can go to
> restart or turn off the computer. When the computer comes back on it says
> BitLocker key received and from there it should boot to windows. Well it will
> sit on that screen for literally about 10 to 15 minutes and my hard drive
> will be working full bore. It never used to do this and I have not made any
> significant software or hardware changes that it would be trying to cope
> with. I have Mcafee Internet Security with Virus protection but I don’t think
> its that either. I have absolutely now clue why it does this but any help
> here would be great. Also, before I had BitLocker set up it did this one time
> before the Vista Symbol during the start up, it just sat at a black screen
> and the hard drive was working full bore then after a long time booted up.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Chad

Donald McDaniel

"Chad S" <ChadS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news4B31371-7CDD-4218-88A2-2C5D8795BF3E@microsoft.com...
> Ok, this just started and it is EXTREMELY frustrating. I have BitLocker
> installed and I am using it but it does this with or without BitLocker so
> don’t believe that would be the problem. Anyways, heres what happens. I
> can
> be in Windows Vista doing anything and it will run fine, then I can go to
> restart or turn off the computer. When the computer comes back on it says
> BitLocker key received and from there it should boot to windows. Well it
> will
> sit on that screen for literally about 10 to 15 minutes and my hard drive
> will be working full bore. It never used to do this and I have not made
> any
> significant software or hardware changes that it would be trying to cope
> with. I have Mcafee Internet Security with Virus protection but I don’t
> think
> its that either. I have absolutely now clue why it does this but any help
> here would be great. Also, before I had BitLocker set up it did this one
> time
> before the Vista Symbol during the start up, it just sat at a black screen
> and the hard drive was working full bore then after a long time booted up.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Chad

PLEASE, Chad, learn to use small, concise paragraphs to separate your
thoughts from one another. It makes for a much easier read, and much better
comprehension than large blocks of text.

--

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.