PowerSpec V300

Anthony Marsh

PowerSpec V300
I bought the PowerSpec V300 from Micro Center and it runs Windows Vista
Home Premium flawlessly. But there was no manual for the machine itself
so I wonder about some of its internals. I am only using the one SATA
160 GB hard drive right now, but need to buy a power splitter to add my
old HD to transfer files. But then I want to add 4 more HDs, so I need
to buy more splitters. It comes with only one SATA power connector, so I
have an adapter to convert the 4-pin connector to SATA. Then it has only
two big 4-pin connectors and one small 4-pin connector. So, I'll need to
buy splitters for all the power connectors. My question is how safe is
it to load so many HDs into the power supply when I don't know the specs
on the power supply?
Richard Urban

Re: PowerSpec V300
The specs for the power supply should be affixed to the exterior of the P/S
box. If it isn't, go to your manufacturers and look up the specs for your
computer.

Without this information you will never know if the present supply will
support 4 extra drives.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Anthony Marsh" <anthony_marsh@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:y82dnbJb18LcXFnYnZ2dnUVZ_r2onZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>I bought the PowerSpec V300 from Micro Center and it runs Windows Vista
>Home Premium flawlessly. But there was no manual for the machine itself so
>I wonder about some of its internals. I am only using the one SATA 160 GB
>hard drive right now, but need to buy a power splitter to add my old HD to
>transfer files. But then I want to add 4 more HDs, so I need to buy more
>splitters. It comes with only one SATA power connector, so I have an
>adapter to convert the 4-pin connector to SATA. Then it has only two big
>4-pin connectors and one small 4-pin connector. So, I'll need to buy
>splitters for all the power connectors. My question is how safe is it to
>load so many HDs into the power supply when I don't know the specs on the
>power supply?

Anthony Marsh

Re: PowerSpec V300
Richard Urban wrote:
> The specs for the power supply should be affixed to the exterior of the
> P/S box. If it isn't, go to your manufacturers and look up the specs for
> your computer.
>
> Without this information you will never know if the present supply will
> support 4 extra drives.

That's why I asked. Because I did not see anything.
Richard Urban

Re: PowerSpec V300
You didn't look very hard. The very first link I clicked on after searching
in Google gives the information you seek.

Go there! Micro Center on-line.

--

news:946dnYohP96JQlrYnZ2dnUVZ_oninZ2d@comcast.com. ..