vista wont sleep for more than a second or two

Lakesidezx

vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
I can't get vista to go to sleep and stay asleep.

I made sure that in device manager the mouse and keyboard are NOT allowed to
wake vista but when I put it to sleep it shuts down but then almost
immediately starts back up again.

Any clues on what I need to do to get this function to work?

Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?YXNoZXM4Mw==?=

RE: vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
I am having the same problem. Has anyone figured out why?

"Lakesidezx" wrote:

> I can't get vista to go to sleep and stay asleep.
>
> I made sure that in device manager the mouse and keyboard are NOT allowed to
> wake vista but when I put it to sleep it shuts down but then almost
> immediately starts back up again.
>
> Any clues on what I need to do to get this function to work?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?SmVhbi1DaHJpc3RvcGhl?=

RE: vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
Same thing here with an Asus PAD2 with P4 3.6 (Prescott 560).
All works fine under XP !

Innes

Re: vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
Tried the BIOS settings?

Innes

"Lakesidezx" <lakesidezx@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>I can't get vista to go to sleep and stay asleep.
>
> I made sure that in device manager the mouse and keyboard are NOT allowed
> to wake vista but when I put it to sleep it shuts down but then almost
> immediately starts back up again.
>
> Any clues on what I need to do to get this function to work?
>
> Thanks,

=?Utf-8?B?SmVhbi1DaHJpc3RvcGhl?=

Re: vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
Bios settings are the same I use with XP.
When looking in the Vista event log, I see that the cause for the wake-up is
..... unknown.
Innes

Re: vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
A while ago I read that some wireless keyboard/mouse combo's (Microsoft)
could be to blame for a range of problems including the sleep function.
Are you using that combo by chance?

Innes

"Jean-Christophe" <JeanChristophe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:48BC7D3B-9BA0-4204-919F-314FE4AACC47@microsoft.com...
> Bios settings are the same I use with XP.
> When looking in the Vista event log, I see that the cause for the wake-up
> is
> .... unknown.

Greg McGuinness

Re: vista wont sleep for more than a second or two
I just started a blog last week due to some of the problems I've had with
Vista and Office 2007. Sleep was one of them and it was due to the wake on
lan bit being flipped during the upgrade.

http://www.appcrash.net/2007/02/cant-sleep-try-this.asp is a post that
walks you through checking this out. For me, I went through all the turning
off mouse and Advanced Power Management stuff. I could hibernate, but not
sleep until I flipped the wake on lan bit.

I'm also trying to keep up on some of the issues I've seen, outside of sleep
and appcrashes.. Check out my blog and leave feedback if you'd like.

http://www.appcrash.net

Greg McGuinness