REALLY SLOW IE ??

Chandler

REALLY SLOW IE ??
Good morning everyone,

I am knew to the newsgroups so i'll start by saying hello to everyone. I
hope someone can be of some assistance to me.
I have a brand new laptop that I purchased this past Saturday and every
time I pull up Internet Explorer to go to any website it takes FOREVER to
pull up the page that I am trying to view! It doesn't matter if I open more
tabs for different pages or if it is the one and only page opened. I am
using Windows Vista on my laptop if that has anything to do with it or not.
Can anyone tell me WHY I am having these slow operating issues?!!? Can
anyone tell me HOW to address this issue and possibly how to fix it?!!?
I am using Internet Explorer on the settings that were there when I first
turned the laptop on and my security settings are set to one step above the
lowest so it is not that.
Thank you,

Chandler~
DCJS# 99-194217

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Amendment II, US Constitution

"The ATF, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, should be a store and not a
federal agency!"

Bob J

RE: REALLY SLOW IE ??
Please advise make & specs of laptop, how much RAM, what programs have you
installed since purchase.
One reason for slow response initially is that if indexing is enabled,
although it is low priority may still slow thing down for a few of days, then
should settle, also process such as 'prefetch', which will also settle down.
It may take up to a week for everything to sort out.
Post back info requested & then a better assestment can be made.

--
Regards
Bob J

"Chandler" wrote:

> Good morning everyone,
>
> I am knew to the newsgroups so i'll start by saying hello to everyone. I
> hope someone can be of some assistance to me.
> I have a brand new laptop that I purchased this past Saturday and every
> time I pull up Internet Explorer to go to any website it takes FOREVER to
> pull up the page that I am trying to view! It doesn't matter if I open more
> tabs for different pages or if it is the one and only page opened. I am
> using Windows Vista on my laptop if that has anything to do with it or not.
> Can anyone tell me WHY I am having these slow operating issues?!!? Can
> anyone tell me HOW to address this issue and possibly how to fix it?!!?
> I am using Internet Explorer on the settings that were there when I first
> turned the laptop on and my security settings are set to one step above the
> lowest so it is not that.
> Thank you,
>
> Chandler~
> DCJS# 99-194217
>

> "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
> the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
> Amendment II, US Constitution
>
> "The ATF, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, should be a store and not a
> federal agency!"

Chandler

Re: REALLY SLOW IE ??
HP Pavillion dv6500 Notebook
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 1.80 GHz
959 MB RAM
32-bit OS
Windows Vista Home Premium

I haven't installed anything on the computer. It has been giving me these
problems since the day I purchased the laptop. I have a high speed cable
modem for internet access and my ISP has zero problems and my connection and
speeds are at the highest so I know its something with my computer or IE or
Vista, but I came here as I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix
it. I appreciate your response and I will let you know if and when it is
fixed and what the issues were when I know them
Thanks again~

"Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please advise make & specs of laptop, how much RAM, what programs have you
> installed since purchase.
> One reason for slow response initially is that if indexing is enabled,
> although it is low priority may still slow thing down for a few of days,
> then
> should settle, also process such as 'prefetch', which will also settle
> down.
> It may take up to a week for everything to sort out.
> Post back info requested & then a better assestment can be made.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>

> "Chandler" wrote:
>
>> Good morning everyone,
>>
>> I am knew to the newsgroups so i'll start by saying hello to everyone.
>> hope someone can be of some assistance to me.
>> I have a brand new laptop that I purchased this past Saturday and every
>> time I pull up Internet Explorer to go to any website it takes FOREVER to
>> pull up the page that I am trying to view! It doesn't matter if I open
>> more
>> tabs for different pages or if it is the one and only page opened. I am
>> using Windows Vista on my laptop if that has anything to do with it or
>> not.
>> Can anyone tell me WHY I am having these slow operating issues?!!? Can
>> anyone tell me HOW to address this issue and possibly how to fix it?!!?
>> I am using Internet Explorer on the settings that were there when I
>> first
>> turned the laptop on and my security settings are set to one step above
>> the
>> lowest so it is not that.
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Chandler~
>> DCJS# 99-194217
>>

>> "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
>> state,
>> the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
>> Amendment II, US Constitution
>>
>> "The ATF, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, should be a store and not a
>> federal agency!"

bjr

Re: REALLY SLOW IE ??
Install another browser (say Mozilla at mozilla.com) and see if the
slowdown carries over.

Chandler wrote:
> [...]
>>> or not.
>>> Can anyone tell me WHY I am having these slow operating issues?!!? Can
>>> anyone tell me HOW to address this issue and possibly how to fix it?!!?
>>> I am using Internet Explorer on the settings that were there when I
>>> first
>>> turned the laptop on and my security settings are set to one step
>>> above the
>>> lowest so it is not that.
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Chandler~
>>> DCJS# 99-194217
>>>

>>> "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
>>> state,
>>> the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
>>> Amendment II, US Constitution
>>>
>>> "The ATF, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, should be a store and not a

Bob J

RE: REALLY SLOW IE ??
A bit late in replying, few things cropped up, anyway check link below, and
check website has plenty sound info>
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html