system freeze during Windows Experience Index rating

=?Utf-8?B?RGFsZSBOZXR3b3JrZ3V5?=

system freeze during Windows Experience Index rating
On a machine with a 2.8Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM, an NVIDIA FX5200 card on a Soyo
motherboard, I ran the Vista uprade evaluation tool and got no red flags.
Now after installing Vista Business I initially got a full system
freeze/lockup during the intial boot up phase. I had to soft reboot the
system and it seemed to bypass the initial system rating check routine. Now
with the system up and running, if I go to the Performance Information and
Tools window and initiate the Windows Experience Index to "Rate this
Computer" after a brief start of the tool it locks up completely.
CTRL-ALT-Delete is also unresponsive. Initially I left it in the hung state
overnight hoping that the tool would eventually time out of whatever it was
trying to accomplish and rate the computer accordingly low in whatever area
it was having difficulty with. What is the solution? Do I need more RAM for
Vista Business than 512MB or should it perform this test sufficiently at the
minimum spec? Otherwise the system has responded just fine.

Thanks in advance - Dale
=?Utf-8?B?bmplbw==?=

RE: system freeze during Windows Experience Index rating
I am experiencing freezes on a system with 2Gb of RAM and therefore there is
unlikely to be a benefit in upgrading to 2Gb of RAM. My system is new and is
an E6600 on an abit IL9Pro motherboard, with a 7300GS PCI express graphics
card from Gainward. I am getting freezes whilst in regular Windows, usually
whilst scrolling up and down web pages, but also sometimes whilst not
interacting with the machine.

I am beginning to suspect faulty RAM, which has happened to me before
although the last time it caused spontaneous reboots.

"Dale Networkguy" wrote:

> On a machine with a 2.8Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM, an NVIDIA FX5200 card on a Soyo

=?Utf-8?B?QWN4aURlblRl?=

RE: system freeze during Windows Experience Index rating
I'm also having problems with the refresh option. It starts going, and
freezes my computer completely up after about 15-20 seconds. I have Pentium
D 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM.. GeForce 7900GT OC video card.. I'm not really sure what's
up with it, I'm happy with everything else.. any ideas?
--
~AcxiDenTe