Windows Search Indexer

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtIFN0ZWluaGF1c2Vy?=

Windows Search Indexer
My system has been running great and after I installed the Total Training
from my Expression Web CD set, it crashed, it had no uninstaller so I deleted
the folder it put on my Desktop and restord my system to a point just before
I installed the training program. Now I get this error on every start up of
Vista Ultimate.

"Microsoft Windows Search Indexer stopped working and has closed"

I can't deal with errors on start up so any ideas would be very much
appreciated before I wipe it and reinstall.

I disabled the windows Search in services and everything seems fine. How
imoportant is it?

--
Sam
ABarajas6@gmail.com

Re: Windows Search Indexer
On Feb 2, 6:04 pm, Sam Steinhauser
<SamSteinhau...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My system has been running great and after I installed the Total Training
> from my Expression Web CD set, it crashed, it had no uninstaller so I deleted
> the folder it put on my Desktop and restord my system to a point just before
> I installed the training program. Now I get this error on every start up ofVistaUltimate.
>
> "MicrosoftWindowsSearchIndexerstoppedworkingan d hasclosed"
>
> I can't deal with errors on start up so any ideas would be very much
> appreciated before I wipe it and reinstall.
>
> I disabled the windowsSearchin services and everything seems fine. How
> imoportant is it?
>
> --
> Sam

Im having this same problem and have no clue why or how to stop it. It
pops up on startup and every now and then randomly.

=?Utf-8?B?U2FtIFN0ZWluaGF1c2Vy?=

Re: Windows Search Indexer
I think my initial crash was from a audio driver that was not quite right. I
had to disable the Windows Search in Services until I finally gave up and
formated my drive and did a clean install. My system is exactly the way it
was before except I didn't load the RealTek AL'97 audio drivers and I had my
USB Flash drive plugged in on the first install and it named my drive F: It
is C: now as I took the flash drive out during the second installation. I did
a search on the web for Search Indexer and several people are having issues
with this. I just couldn't deal with my 3 day old fresh Vista install being
broken so I started over from scratch.
--
Sam

"ABarajas6@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Feb 2, 6:04 pm, Sam Steinhauser
> <SamSteinhau...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > My system has been running great and after I installed the Total Training
> > from my Expression Web CD set, it crashed, it had no uninstaller so I deleted
> > the folder it put on my Desktop and restord my system to a point just before
> > I installed the training program. Now I get this error on every start up ofVistaUltimate.
> >
> > "MicrosoftWindowsSearchIndexerstoppedworkingan d hasclosed"
> >
> > I can't deal with errors on start up so any ideas would be very much
> > appreciated before I wipe it and reinstall.
> >
> > I disabled the windowsSearchin services and everything seems fine. How
> > imoportant is it?
> >
> > --
> > Sam

> Im having this same problem and have no clue why or how to stop it. It
> pops up on startup and every now and then randomly.

=?Utf-8?B?S3Jpcw==?=

RE: Windows Search Indexer
I'm having exactly the same problem, many, many times a day, and have been
since I first started up this new computer a few weeks ago... (it also pops
up constantly with "Intel Alert Service has stopped working yada yada" many
times a day, between the two I'm getting really frustrated.) After a week of
it, I restored it to where it was when it got here, and that hasn't fixed it.
Can I shut these things off? are they necessary, or fixable?