Disk Defragmention

=?Utf-8?B?RGVyZW4gU21pdGg=?=

Disk Defragmention
Disk Defragmenter in Vista is now more worthless than it was in Windows XP.
For whatever reason the Vista team took out the graphical diagram that showed
how much of your system was fragmented and the bits of the hard drive. The
also took out the little progress bar/percentage of when the Disk
Defragmenter would be completed.

My wish is to PLEASE put back a real progress bar that shows the percentage
or time till the disk defragementation is complete and a graphical view of
how fragmented your hard drive is. As it stands now..you might as well run
the application and hope to god that it finishes within your time estimates.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
Conor

Re: Disk Defragmention
In article <9FB00142-BC95-417B-B490-51140E181282@microsoft.com>, Deren
Smith says...
> Disk Defragmenter in Vista is now more worthless than it was in Windows XP.
> For whatever reason the Vista team took out the graphical diagram that showed
> how much of your system was fragmented and the bits of the hard drive. The
> also took out the little progress bar/percentage of when the Disk
> Defragmenter would be completed.

That's because it is always running in the background and optimises
when the PC is idle.

THere's a few freeware ones worth a look.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Dustin Harper

Re: Disk Defragmention
It's made for simple use. If you want on with more options and a better
progress bar, you'd need a third party application. O&O Defrag works
good, as do many others.

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com